• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NFL 2007 Season thread

PA Ridge Racer

Two things bother me about next weeks game...1) The Bengals lost today and will probably be fighting to salvage a season. 2) We spanked them last year in their building and they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulder. Not that I think the Pats will lose, just a bit cautious is all. Oh and Dr. Jeff...How was the game today? I'm not jelous or anything ;)

I don't know what I was worried about. :dunce: Go Pats

2knees

i know its early and alot can happen but i can not possibly see anyone beating the patriots. barring injury, this could be a cake walk, indy included.

Rushski

Indy and Dallas may be the only challenges and Pitt will be beat up by the time the Pats get to them. Dallas and Indy don't have the D and haven't faced a D like the Pats.

Breaking more records each week.

Go Pats!

ALLSKIING

Staff member
i know its early and alot can happen but i can not possibly see anyone beating the patriots. barring injury, this could be a cake walk, indy included.
I don't think it will be a cake walk but I agree with a SB win barring injury....Of course unless the Vikings turn it around:roll:

FRITOLAYGUY

I said 13-3 at the beginning of the year and im sticking to it. They will lose a game you just dont expect them too, and probably split the Indy/Dallas games and lose 1 more along the way.

drjeff

I said 13-3 at the beginning of the year and im sticking to it. They will lose a game you just dont expect them too, and probably split the Indy/Dallas games and lose 1 more along the way.

My guess is more like 15-1. Baring injuries, they'll take Dallas, since well Romo just isn't that good as a QB and TO will in all likelihood give Belicheck some good motivational quotes in the week leading upto the game, and well against Indy the Pats just flat our have something to prove after the 2nd half meltdown in last years AFC championship game and thats more than enough motivation for them.

They'll have a setback in a game that you wouldn't expect, and it wouldn't suprise me if it's in their perenial nemesis Miami road game. Offensively, unless Brady gets injured, they've shown that they have a greater wealth of talent than maybe anyone else in the NFL, and defensively I think their track record over the last few seasons of dealing with injuries speaks for itself. Bottomline even in a game where finding motivation maybe a a tough task for many teams, Belicheck does game in and game out, and there's also the great videotape-gate event where folks are questioning the legitimacy of all their superbowls now, and if thats not enough to motivate them, I don't think anything could.

Right now the way their playing, this is truely a special team, and I think that you might even get one of the biggest Patriot haters in the media, ESPN's Tom Jackson to admit that

Rushski

I'm hedging my bets and thinking 14-2. Probably will take Dallas down and possibly lose a close one to Indy (but hopefully not). They may lose an unexpected one like Frito said...

That O-Line is certainly making Brady look great and Moss certainly has helped his rating go through the roof as well.

drjeff

I'm hedging my bets and thinking 14-2. Probably will take Dallas down and possibly lose a close one to Indy (but hopefully not). They may lose an unexpected one like Frito said...

That O-Line is certainly making Brady look great and Moss certainly has helped his rating go through the roof as well.

I like how after the Cincy game, Brady's cumulative season completion percentage fell to 79.2% and a QB rating of 134.7! Absolutely ridiculous considering that most NFL QB's won't have a single game with that completion percentage or QB rating, let alone maintain that through 4 games!

PA Ridge Racer

My guess is more like 15-1. Baring injuries, they'll take Dallas, since well Romo just isn't that good as a QB and TO will in all likelihood give Belicheck some good motivational quotes in the week leading upto the game, and well against Indy the Pats just flat our have something to prove after the 2nd half meltdown in last years AFC championship game and thats more than enough motivation for them.

I want revenge from that game. Nothing less than a victory in Indy that night and a Super Bowl championship this season will accomplish that. Brady breaking Manning's TD record would be a sweet way to pile on the Colts as well.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I want revenge from that game. Nothing less than a victory in Indy that night and a Super Bowl championship this season will accomplish that. Brady breaking Manning's TD record would be a sweet way to pile on the Colts as well.

agreed - one thousand %

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pretty ugly win by the Pats, even though it was 34-17. I imagine Belicheck will get on them pretty hard this week as if they play like the did today against Dallas, they will lose.

PA Ridge Racer

Thats ok. We got the ugly game out of the way and came away with the W. They may have been Iooking past this week a little plus Romeo knows the Pats so a little more of a challenge was to be expected. I think they'll be prepared for next week. Remember TO did his little video tape celebration. I'm pretty sure thats on their minds ... and the freaking Colts are kicking Tampa's butt as I type this - uuugghh

deadheadskier

Staff member
My biggest concern was all the three and outs the Pats had. 17% third down conversion percentage is pretty bad. It's nice to see that they can still pull out a pretty convincing win against an average team doing so, but to beat the Indy's and Dallas's of the league, you need to control the clock and if wasn't for the forced turnovers (some of them kinda fluke) the Patriots really didn't do that well today.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
My biggest concern was all the three and outs the Pats had. 17% third down conversion percentage is pretty bad. It's nice to see that they can still pull out a pretty convincing win against an average team doing so, but to beat the Indy's and Dallas's of the league, you need to control the clock and if wasn't for the forced turnovers (some of them kinda fluke) the Patriots really didn't do that well today.
The pats have totally spoiled you....Try being a vikings fan

...:spin:

deadheadskier

Staff member
The pats have totally spoiled you....Try being a vikings fan

...:spin:

I wouldn't say spoiled. I'm just not the complacent type. I want this team to not simply be the best in the league now, but arguably the best ever. I love that we've won three Superbowls this decade, but hate hearing that they were only won by 3 points each. I hate how Peyton Manning has his MVP's and most people consider him to be the best in the game when until this year Brady had never even had a top twenty wide out to throw the ball to, where as Peyton always had so many weapons. I've always thought Brady was Mannings equal if not better and he would show that if he had some people to throw the ball to, so far that's happening. Now you've got the whole videogate and people negating the team's accomplishments.

So perhaps I'm a fan with every bit the chip on his shoulder that many of the players on New England have.

I want 16-0, total domination, a Superbowl win and a season for the ages from Brady and Moss. It's about legacy at this point....

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I wouldn't say spoiled. I'm just not the complacent type. I want this team to not simply be the best in the league now, but arguably the best ever. I love that we've won three Superbowls this decade, but hate hearing that they were only won by 3 points each. I hate how Peyton Manning has his MVP's and most people consider him to be the best in the game when until this year Brady had never even had a top twenty wide out to throw the ball to, where as Peyton always had so many weapons. I've always thought Brady was Mannings equal if not better and he would show that if he had some people to throw the ball to, so far that's happening. Now you've got the whole videogate and people negating the team's accomplishments.

So perhaps I'm a fan with every bit the chip on his shoulder that many of the players on New England have.

I want 16-0, total domination, a Superbowl win and a season for the ages from Brady and Moss. It's about legacy at this point....
Enjoy!! Most thought the days of a "legacy" were over with the cap but it looks like NE has a very good shot at one.

Rushski

I am stuck in Dallas (near 90 degrees - blechhh) and couldn't watch the Pats today as I was flying.

Good to see (recap of) Watson getting two and Stallworth getting in the endzone... Was the coverage of Moss a factor in the different passing results?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I am stuck in Dallas (near 90 degrees - blechhh) and couldn't watch the Pats today as I was flying.

Good to see (recap of) Watson getting two and Stallworth getting in the endzone... Was the coverage of Moss a factor in the different passing results?

Yes, he was getting doubled all day long. There were also a few over thrown balls by Brady when Moss broke free.