• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NFL 2007 Season thread

PA Ridge Racer

I wouldn't say spoiled. I'm just not the complacent type. I want this team to not simply be the best in the league now, but arguably the best ever. I love that we've won three Superbowls this decade, but hate hearing that they were only won by 3 points each. I hate how Peyton Manning has his MVP's and most people consider him to be the best in the game when until this year Brady had never even had a top twenty wide out to throw the ball to, where as Peyton always had so many weapons. I've always thought Brady was Mannings equal if not better and he would show that if he had some people to throw the ball to, so far that's happening. Now you've got the whole videogate and people negating the team's accomplishments.

So perhaps I'm a fan with every bit the chip on his shoulder that many of the players on New England have.

I want 16-0, total domination, a Superbowl win and a season for the ages from Brady and Moss. It's about legacy at this point....

Oh so well said...I feel the EXACT same way. When I heard they signed Thomas in the spring, then Stallworth...I knew this season had the chance to be special - then came Moss - wow! I never felt so disgusted for days like I did after they lost to the Colts last year in the AFC championship. :puke: For weeks, all I could think of was just one first down...game over, on to the Super Bowl and the Bears which spelled 4 in 6 years. I almost didn't watch the Super Bowl. I was ready to head out skiing until I saw Devon Hester's opening return and thought ok maybe I'll watch. Now that combined with people questioning Belichik's legacy, I even heard people on sports talk radio call Brady a tainted quarterback and questioning him. That's why each win, each TD is so sweet. That being said, I never discount the opponent each week because anything can happen. It's kinda like I just want to know how it's all going to turn out. I dont think I can stand the nervousness and it's only week 5!! They have been however making it easier to handle going up big by the 3rd quarter each week so far.

FRITOLAYGUY

Pats games are almost at the point now where its hard to get pumped up to watch it, i mean the Dallas game and Indy game will be great but i almost wanted the Browns to go up 10-0 so i could get into it.. I will give you a good comparison, its like watching the Uconn women play , the only game you can get up for is against Tennessee. Or the Uconn men, i cant get into them playing Central Ct, but if its Duke ill be there.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well,

When Dallas pulled ahead in the third, I said to my girlfriend, we're gonna lose this game. They had all the momentum and New England did what veteran teams do, pull themselves together and take care of business. Next five possesions = TD, FG, TD, FG, TD. To be honest, I thought they should've kicked a field goal on the last possesion, but maybe Belicheck looked at it like, no better time then a game to practice your goal line situations.

I CAN NOT WAIT for the Indy game.

Hopefully Morris's and Watson's injuries aren't too bad. I would say we don't need them next week in Miami, but that game could be a trap. Brady always plays like crap down there and we always seem to lose, even during years when Miami is down and New England is good. This years team I think is too strong though. Next week NE 31, Miami 14. 3 more TD passes for Brady

PA Ridge Racer

Well,

When Dallas pulled ahead in the third, I said to my girlfriend, we're gonna lose this game. They had all the momentum and New England did what veteran teams do, pull themselves together and take care of business. Next five possesions = TD, FG, TD, FG, TD. To be honest, I thought they should've kicked a field goal on the last possesion, but maybe Belicheck looked at it like, no better time then a game to practice your goal line situations.

I CAN NOT WAIT for the Indy game.

Hopefully Morris's and Watson's injuries aren't too bad. I would say we don't need them next week in Miami, but that game could be a trap. Brady always plays like crap down there and we always seem to lose, even during years when Miami is down and New England is good. This years team I think is too strong though. Next week NE 31, Miami 14. 3 more TD passes for Brady

My voice is still hoarse from this game. The game was a lot closer than the score indicates and I was a bit worried too when we were down early in the 3rd but still thought we'd pull it out in close fashion. I was having AFC championship flashbacks but thankfully they broke it open. It's much less stressful that way. I think there are a few things that need to be fixed. Three sacks was not good and esp the fumball return for a score. I don't think the D played their best. Romo had success on those 2 long scoring drives for Dallas and Jones and Barber were picking up chunks of yardage at times. Plus what's with letting Barber get out of the end zone when there was a sure safety, That kinda stuff cant happen at Indy. But one game at a time. Miami next and it wont be easy. Miami's offense looked good today at times and like you said Deadhead, Brady (Pats in general) never play well down there. I hope they can emotionally be up for it after "The Deul in Dallas". I think this Patriot team is too smart not to. As for the Colts, I hope they're thinking about the Patriots because they have their hands full next Mon in Jacksonville. I would not be surprised to see the Jags pull that one out.

jack97

To be honest, I thought they should've kicked a field goal on the last possesion, but maybe Belicheck looked at it like, no better time then a game to practice your goal line situations.

The running back who punched it in was from Navy. Belicheck has deep roots from that place. I figure he wanted the kid to score a TD given he's a third stringer and might not get another chance this year.

Although the Pats D gave up 17 points (the remaining 10 was due to the offense line and special teams), they gave up to much in the underneath area. This could be a wake up call, the TE, Witten was killing them or forcing them to be exposed. Once they go to Indy, I hope harrison gets his legs back into shape or that rookie safety gets enuf experience. Last years AFC champ game showed the Pats weakness; LB speed to cover an athletic TE. Yesterday's game showed that the Pats haven't completely solved this problem.

JimG.

Staff member
You'll hear it from me only once in this life, so listen up:

Thank you New England.

Dallas is a pretender. You guys sound like you lost. Even when Dallas went ahead I knew it would only piss the Pats off. It did. NE was the clearly superior team.

And there is no doubt about it...Tom Brady is currently the best QB in the NFL. Sorry Peyton Manning fans, Brady is the best.

jack97

You guys sound like you lost.

They gave up to many points! :smile:

And there is no doubt about it...Tom Brady is currently the best QB in the NFL. Sorry Peyton Manning fans, Brady is the best.

IMO, he's been the best or close to it ever since he took over the starting job. Looking back to his first two superbowls, he didn't have a top notch receiving corp like Peyton nor a top running back (like edge). His game was short/medium routes or screens and maybe hit the long one if Branch had the extra step on single coverage. The guy got it done with less talent around him.

deadheadskier

Staff member
IMO, he's been the best or close to it ever since he took over the starting job. Looking back to his first two superbowls, he didn't have a top notch receiving corp like Peyton nor a top running back (like edge). His game was short/medium routes or screens and maybe hit the long one if Branch had the extra step on single coverage. The guy got it done with less talent around him.

Agreed and I've been saying that to Manning supporters for years. I've always felt Brady was as good or better than Manning, but the playing field wasn't level in comparing individual numbers. I hope he keeps up this pace and shatters Mannings TD and Rating records, if only to say, "I told you so".

FRITOLAYGUY

The only thing this game did was worry me as a Pats fan.. You dont think Indy saw how Dallas was moving that ball in chunks?? Dallas has a superior offense but a below average defense. The game was alot closer than the score indicated and i think the Pats ran that last one in to say ya we beat ya by 3 touchdowns. The Pats i know will be ready for that Indy game especially if they are both undefeated, the game i would be more worried about would be say going to Miami where they never play well and lose often with their perfect record on the line and probably the fish winless, those are the letdown games that scare me not the Dallas pretender games.

PA Ridge Racer

The only thing this game did was worry me as a Pats fan.. You dont think Indy saw how Dallas was moving that ball in chunks?? .

I think Deion Sanders mentioned on NFL Gameday (best NFL highlight show by the way) something to the effect that that Indy players may be a bit nervous after watching this game. I think the Colt's know that Belichik will likely show a totally different scheme against them.

tree_skier

Dallas's defense is much better then indy and they have a much better running game. The Dolts should be nervous as the Pats put up 48 against the best team they have played and it was on the road.

JimG.

Staff member
And the Giants took advantage and won their game.

Lots of yip yapping about 6-2 for the off week.

No pom poms here...I'll wait for the other shoe to drop after 6-2. Like last season.

jack97

No pom poms here...I'll wait for the other shoe to drop after 6-2. Like last season.

One thing of interest, Chris Palmer is the either the OC or the QB position coach. When he was the QB coach for Bledsoe, I thought I saw improvement from the previous season. IIRC he only stayed for one-two seasons and Bledsoe didn't improve afterwards. IMO, Bledsoe plateaued under Pete Carrol and plummeted downward when Ernie Zampese was the OC.

For Eli's sake, they should do what ever it takes to keep Palmer around.

FRITOLAYGUY

and drop it shall , lets say they go 6-2 heres what you got left.

Sunday, 11/11 4:15 PM ET FOX DALLAS
Sunday, 11/18 4:15 PM ET * FOX at Detroit
Sunday, 11/25 1:00 PM ET * FOX MINNESOTA
Sunday, 12/2 4:15 PM ET * FOX at Chicago
Sunday, 12/9 1:00 PM ET * FOX at Philadelphia
Sunday, 12/16 8:15 PM ET * NBC WASHINGTON
Sunday, 12/23 1:00 PM ET * FOX at Buffalo
Saturday, 12/29 8:15 PM ET NFLN NEW ENGLAND

Id say thats 3-5 for an 8-8 season that well might get you in the playoffs in the JV league which is the NFC.

PA Ridge Racer

Hopefully the Patriots will have locked the #1 seed by that last game of the season. So it's possible Matt Cassel may be starting that game...who knows maybe the Giants pull that one out....probably not though ;)

jack97

Morris is out with a chest injury. Dunno if Maroney will start..... It always seems that weird or bad things happen just before or during a game with Miami. Anyway it will interesting to see how the offense will handle the fin's D especially if the pats running game is a no show.

tree_skier

Look for Faulk to have at least 150 all purpose yards if he is the #1 back also Evans could have a huge day against his former team if they try to play cover.