• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NFL 2007 Season thread

PA Ridge Racer

Morris is out with a chest injury. Dunno if Maroney will start..... It always seems that weird or bad things happen just before or during a game with Miami. Anyway it will interesting to see how the offense will handle the fin's D especially if the pats running game is a no show.

I think Faulk can carry the load against the fins. Any word on Watson? Plus Seymore should be back this weekend too.

jack97

Look for Faulk to have at least 150 all purpose yards if he is the #1 back also Evans could have a huge day against his former team if they try to play cover.

I think Faulk can carry the load against the fins. Any word on Watson? Plus Seymore should be back this weekend too.

This offense has always had trouble protecting Brady with fast d lineman; meaning the fins and broncos. They will need both Watson and Faulk just to attack the three levels (short, med and long) in the passing game.

Heard nothing on Watson yet. The local media states that Maroney was on the field prior to the Dallas game trying to make cuts... guess he wasn't ready based on that.

Last edited:

FRITOLAYGUY

Does the nfl have nothing better to do, they fined Tom Brady today for not having his chin strap buckled correctly in last weeks game, gimme a break.

jack97

Hmmmm do the Pats even need their running back now that hes out for a month?

Yes, otherwise the safeties will play cover 2 or a variant. The lb will cover on short /medium routes and /or jam at the line of scrimmage. Pats offense can be one dimensional with 90% of the league but the Colts d is just fast up the middle, they need to keep Bob Sanders honest.

Last edited:

FRITOLAYGUY

Oh boy Tom Brady is on my Sports Illustrated this week, that , being undefeated and heading to Miami where they never play well, and im sure they are looking to knock them from the unbeaten ranks all spells trap-game for me.

drjeff

Does the nfl have nothing better to do, they fined Tom Brady today for not having his chin strap buckled correctly in last weeks game, gimme a break.

Maybe is always "questionable" imjury status with right shoulder pain prevented him from buckling the chin strap ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member
If a quarterback has ever had a better half than what Brady just had against the Dolphins.....I don't believe it.

16 of 19, 291 yards and 5 touchdowns. I hope they let him play a couple more series, see if he can tie or pass the single game TD pass record of 7.

FRITOLAYGUY

If a quarterback has ever had a better half than what Brady just had against the Dolphins.....I don't believe it.

16 of 19, 291 yards and 5 touchdowns. I hope they let him play a couple more series, see if he can tie or pass the single game TD pass record of 7.

The amazing part was they considered taking a knee at 1:35 left in the half to stop embarrasing the Fish. The Pats are on a mission. Randy Moss is just sick, 2 times, 2 jump balls in double coverage,2 td's. sick.

PA Ridge Racer

The amazing part was they considered taking a knee at 1:35 left in the half to stop embarrasing the Fish. The Pats are on a mission. Randy Moss is just sick, 2 times, 2 jump balls in double coverage,2 td's. sick.

Moss is amazing!! - period. Another great win Pats fans. :beer: One game at a time though. Tough one vs. a good defense next week. The haters are already starting with the running up the score nonsense. If Belichick isn't cheating he's running up the score. I only worried about injury at that point but absolutely the right move bringing Brady back in. After the AFC championship game last year, there is no such thing as running up the score.

Paul

The wife is sure happy, the Iggles dropped to 2-4 in a completely pathetic display against the Ewoks yesterday.

Football season is over before it began, looks like after the WS is over, she won't be a sports widow this year...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Colts drubbing of the Jags last night was pretty impressive. Unless some changes are made in NE's defense improves, the Colts are going to put a lot of points on the board against us. As great as the Pats have been, the Colts are certainly equal to New England right now, actually I'll say better. They're the champs, they're undefeated and until they're beaten, they are the best team in football.

FRITOLAYGUY

We wont see this in the Colts game obviously but it will be interesting to see NE play a game thats not ideal conditions. Where it might be say 35 and raining where they might actually have to run the ball, the Cots in bad conditions would probably beat the Pats right now, but in ideal conditions i still would have to take NE right now.

ALLSKIING

Staff member

I don't want to take away from what Brady is doing but 2 of those td's were balls just thrown in the endzone......Those two were all Moss only he could have made those catches. Got to give BIG props to his O line as well. What a team!!! I hate them:razz:

jack97

I don't want to take away from what Brady is doing but 2 of those td's were balls just thrown in the endzone......Those two were all Moss only he could have made those catches.

I agree about Moss, he's probably the only receiver that can do that. But brady is throwing that ball really good, a nice spiral that isn't under thrown. With the exception of one TD, the ball were thrown at a location only Moss could have catch and no one else. And he does this without locking into Moss, which freezes or slows the safety. I don't think many QBs can make those type of throws, Manning is prob the second qb that can make them consistently.

Last edited:

PA Ridge Racer

52-7!!!! and no hand shake from Joe Gibbs....meh. And now it's here...it's revenge time. I'm tired of hearing about the Colts and how no one is giving them any attention. I don't know how they can say that when every time I turn on the TV Payton Manning is on it promoting some product. He's the NFL's poster boy but he gets no attention...right. The reason the Patriots are getting press is because they are breaking records and doing things that are just unheard of. I heard one analyst actually say that the Colts should be playing with a chip on their shoulder because of all the Patriot hype. Lets not forget what happend in last years AFC championship game. I think the Pats are the ones with the chip on their shoulder. It's revenge time..I've waited since January for this....GO PATS!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Two completely dominating performances today by the Pats and the Colts. As if it hasn't been for the past month, next week's game coming up may be the most hyped regular season game in the history of the NFL.

Both teams are completely crushing everyone they face almost like no teams have ever done before. I can't ever recall two teams being THIS good. amazing