• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NFL 2007 Season thread

drjeff

Agreed that he helped this franchise tremendously, my knock on Bledsoe is he didn't take his game to the next level, once Chris Plamer left, he never made any significant improvement.

The one Patriot who should get in is Andre Tippet, he's probably a borderline HOF for Canton. His only problem was he played in weak teams, in a small market and was overshadowed by LT.

AT was awesome, and I really enjoy that one of the guys who sits in the section below me at Gillette wears his old school #56 jersey to each game, and his buddy next to him wears #73 John Hannah jersey! Me I mix up my "old school" Pat Patriot hat with either a Brady, Bruschi or Seymour jersey ;)

jack97

AT was awesome, and I really enjoy that one of the guys who sits in the section below me at Gillette wears his old school #56 jersey to each game, and his buddy next to him wears #73 John Hannah jersey! Me I mix up my "old school" Pat Patriot hat with either a Brady, Bruschi or Seymour jersey ;)

Tippet was the second most dominant OLB in his days. If he had a D line like the gaints, he would have been the most dominant. Its good karma that he stayed local and the pats organization had a role for him after his playing days were over.

PA Ridge Racer

I just watched that "Who Is" show on NFL network and this weeks episode they were debating who is better Manning or Brady and the overall concensus was Manning. They said Manning was better in arm strength, accuracy, toughness, decision making and even IQ!!!. It was pure comedy. Not once did they mention that Tom Brady has accomplished everything he has up until this year with sub par receivers while Manning has had 1, possibly 2, hall of fame receivers pretty much his entire career. While watching this all I could think was I hope the Patriots are watching this. It was post it on the locker room bulletin board to get your team fired up material at it's finest.

PA Ridge Racer

Sounds like they were pretty much saying he is a stupid, weak, often very lucky to get the ball to where he wants to throw it kind of quaterback.. I hope they run the score up on them too (colts)... just to make a point.

No only stupider, weaker and luckier than Peyton Manning. Nothing would make me happier to see them run it up tommorrow :smash: I just wish this game was later in the schedule so Tom could break Mannings TD record while Manning stood on the sidelines watching.

deadheadskier

Staff member
No only stupider, weaker and luckier than Peyton Manning. Nothing would make me happier to see them run it up tommorrow :smash: I just wish this game was later in the schedule so Tom could break Mannings TD record while Manning stood on the sidelines watching.

That would be pretty sweet, but unfortunately won't happen. What could happen, though very unlikely and I'd LOVE it if it did would be for Tom to break the single game record and throw 8 TD passes.

deadheadskier

Staff member
That would be pretty sweet, but unfortunately won't happen. What could happen, though very unlikely and I'd LOVE it if it did would be for Tom to break the single game record and throw 8 TD passes.

Pardon my french, but FUCK YEAH! Nothing better than watching Peyton blow it at the end!!!! SWEET!!!

Brady didn't get the single game record, but he did break one record of Manning's; most consecutive games with at least 3 TD passes at 9.

GO PATS!!!!! What a perfect way to head into the bi-week!

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Pardon my french, but FUCK YEAH! Nothing better than watching Peyton blow it at the end!!!! SWEET!!!

Brady didn't get the single game record, but he did break one record of Manning's; most consecutive games with at least 3 TD passes at 9.

Great win for the pats but really...the colts beat themselves today.

PA Ridge Racer

YES!!!!!!!!! :-D;-)8):spin::daffy::daffy::beer::beer::flag:

Last edited:

PA Ridge Racer

Great win for the pats but really...the colts beat themselves today.

If anything the Patriots almost beat themselves. Brady made 2 bad decisions while in Colts teritory that took points off the board. I'll admit Brackens made an incredible catch on the second pick. They also commited penalties to ruin another drive while in Colts territory. I wont even start with the 2 bad pass interference calls against the Pats and the lack of a call on another. The Pats committed a franchise record in penalty yards. It's a miracle that they pulled it out and HUGE props to the Pats D. They got their rears handed to them in the first half then came out and played well and basically won it for us in the second half.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
If anything the Patriots almost beat themselves. Brady made 2 bad decisions while in Colts teritory that took points off the board. I'll admit Brackens made an incredible catch on the second pick. They also commited penalties to ruin another drive while in Colts territory. I wont even start with the 2 bad pass interference calls against the Pats and the lack of a call on another. The Pats committed a franchise record in penalty yards. It's a miracle that they pulled it out and HUGE props to the Pats D. They got ithe rears handed to them in the first half then came out and played well and basically won it for us in the second half.

sounds like you were only watching the pats play. If Payton did not fumble the game is over.

Mildcat

sounds like you were only watching the pats play. If Payton did not fumble the game is over.

Your point makes no sense. Jarvis Green forced that fumble. The Colts played a great game but the Pats were better today. Peyton can whine about injuries but I didn't hear him say anything about Rodney being out last January. The fact is, if the AFC Championship game is at Foxboro, the Colts defense won't be able to tee off on Brady. He had to go to a silent count on the road.In my opinion that's bigger than if Marvin Harrison plays.

Mildcat

ALLSKIING, you must be psyched about Peterson. He looked scary against SD.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Your point makes no sense. Jarvis Green forced that fumble. The Colts played a great game but the Pats were better today. Peyton can whine about injuries but I didn't hear him say anything about Rodney being out last January. The fact is, if the AFC Championship game is at Foxboro, the Colts defense won't be able to tee off on Brady. He had to go to a silent count on the road.In my opinion that's bigger than if Marvin Harrison plays.

I thought it was the type of game that you thought the whole time the the colts were going to win..They had control most of the game. Got to give it to the pats though..they came through at the end.

jack97

The fact is, if the AFC Championship game is at Foxboro, the Colts defense won't be able to tee off on Brady. He had to go to a silent count on the road.In my opinion that's bigger than if Marvin Harrison plays.

That is spot on. The hurries by the colt D on Brady caused most of those mistakes and incompletions. I think the exception was the pick made by brackett (mlb), he made a great play. When they play at Gillete, that pass rush will be slower.

The (bad) pass interference calls and lack of them are one of the reasons Belicheck goes for the jugular when he has a team down. He can't control those bad calls but if he gets an opportunity to get a bigger cushion he'll take it because those type of calls wont effect the outcome.

Last edited:

PA Ridge Racer

Psyched...no doubt....Now if only we could find a QB we might be a good team.

I don't remember watching a guy and just being amazed by his speed like I do when I see Peterson. He's a rookie and he's on pace for 2k yards...incredible. I wouldn't be suprised if Brad Childress brings Donovan Mc Nabb in next year since he used to coach him in Philly. I think his tenure with the Eagles his done after this year. I think he'll go there or Chicago probably.

JimG.

Staff member
No surprise I was rooting for Indy. That way I can stir this pot whatever.

I knew it was a ticket to disappointment, but it was a good football game so I wasn't. Part of me wanted to prove Brady is the best by sending him negative vibes.

I think I'm pretty good at that and it almost worked. But the end was really quite clear all along.

Brady is the best. And considering NE plays in the worst division in football (or at least the AFC), they may just get to the playoffs undefeated.

jack97

running up the sound

Here's the latest in terms of adding fuel to the fire in this rivalry. From a report; last season's afc game, the colts found out most of the past defense was battling the flu, some of the people from the pats organization were annoyed that the colts kept the temps high in the dome to cause more problems. Pumping up the sound is making them really mad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I thought it was the type of game that you thought the whole time the the colts were going to win..They had control most of the game.

I agree but starting in the middle of the 3rd quarter everytime the camera's turned to Manning on the bench he looked plenty worried. It was almost like he knew something that no one else did. Turns out he did. :D