• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NFL 2007 Season thread

jack97

I agree but starting in the middle of the 3rd quarter everytime the camera's turned to Manning on the bench he looked plenty worried. It was almost like he knew something that no one else did. Turns out he did. :D

Me thinks Manning and crew knew that some of the half time adjustments the pats made were starting to work on both offense and defense. Pats offense went to max protection, they kept maroney near the pocket (on the side of Feeney) to buy Brady some more time. Couldn't tell for sure what they did but the D got penetration, the timely sacks and a forced strip when it counted.

FRITOLAYGUY

Good gutty win by the Pats, unfortunately even as a Pats fan i feel they will get picked off somewhere along the line.. Its just hard to get amped up for everygame and there will be that game where they are in a daze for a half, and everyone they play its gonna be the superbowl for them, buff, jets, etc. With that being said i at the same time feel they are on some seek and destroy mission since what happened earlier in the year. I love how the NY Post have an * near the pats in the standings and when you look at the bottom of the standings it says caught cheating, gotta admit that was funny.

drjeff

Good gutty win by the Pats, unfortunately even as a Pats fan i feel they will get picked off somewhere along the line.. Its just hard to get amped up for everygame and there will be that game where they are in a daze for a half, and everyone they play its gonna be the superbowl for them, buff, jets, etc. With that being said i at the same time feel they are on some seek and destroy mission since what happened earlier in the year. I love how the NY Post have an * near the pats in the standings and when you look at the bottom of the standings it says caught cheating, gotta admit that was funny.

All I know is that the Bye week couldn't have come at a better time for them. Heck, i was menatlly exhausted from just watching that game,let alone playing in it ;)

Rushski

Shula is also saying if that pats run the table, there should be an asterisk...

Everyone is after the best. Coach B. thrives on all the negativity aimed at his team and will respond w/more "shock and awe" games to come.

FRITOLAYGUY

All I know is that the Bye week couldn't have come at a better time for them. Heck, i was menatlly exhausted from just watching that game,let alone playing in it ;)

Thats how i felt about sox games after they were done.. People ask me boy isnt it great being a fan of all the Boston teams?? And i say ummm no, i havent slept in months, my fingers hurt from switching games constantly on the remote, all my weekends are busy especially sundays, i at least get to go to bed now before 1am now that the sox are done but now my Celtics will keep me up til 11pm 3 nights a week, so ya its tough being a fan not easy.

Mike P.

Good Call Don S. No way they could beat that Jets machine in week one without the camera!

The next time it happens he'll say a 16 game shedule is easier than a 14 game schedule & with more teams the talent is watered down too.

PA Ridge Racer

Don Shula is going to come out of this looking ridiculous IMO. He's simply trying to preserve his legacy because he knows this Patriot team has the best chance of all to do it. I think he should apologize to the Patriot players who are playing tremendous football week in and week out. He is basiclaly tarnishing those guys. But thank you anyway for the added motivation Don....not that they need it. By the way, all this talk of undefeated after week 9 is bothersome. I would love to see it happen but getting that number 1 seed to ensure all roads go through New England is really what the focus should be right now. If they're 13 - 0 then the buzz should begin but not after week 9.

jack97

Good Call Don S. No way they could beat that Jets machine in week one without the camera!

The next time it happens he'll say a 16 game shedule is easier than a 14 game schedule & with more teams the talent is watered down too.

During his day, Shula was involved or headed up the rules and competition committee. Year after year, is teams would consistently be the least penalized, it was rumored that refs would be hesitant on making the calls otherwise they would have to deal with his wrath. Back then they called it gamesmenship.

drjeff

What irony it could be if the Pats are still undeated and defeat the Dolphins in week 16 at Gillette for regular season win #15! :)

Shula while a legend in the NFL coaching lore should stick to his on air time now in the form of Nutrisystem commercials ;)

2knees

Vrabel (courtesy of the pittsburgh steelers) had some nice things to say about shula's comments.

jack97

Vrabel (courtesy of the pittsburgh steelers) had some nice things to say about shula's comments.

The one team that does concern on this run is the steelers. Ben is so mobile, hard to tackle and has a great arm. He starts chucking it up there and it can be pass interference time.

Damn, I hate that rule. Manning with his wr gets away with it. Last season, Rex Grossman made a living on that call.

Rushski

Pittsburgh is the only real concern for the rest of the year. Believe they are better in many ways than the Dolts...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Shula is also saying if that pats run the table, there should be an asterisk...

Everyone is after the best. Coach B. thrives on all the negativity aimed at his team and will respond w/more "shock and awe" games to come.

Not to diminish what the Dolphin's did, well kinda....but a little known fact. Out of the 14 regular season opponents the Dolphins faced, only TWO had winning records. Still an amazing feat, but the schedule was soft.

I'm not saying New England has had a tough schedule because they have not, but IF they do it, they will have played the two best AFC teams and two best NFC teams during the regular season on the way to accomplishing it. There will be other teams in the mix over 500 as well....Cleveland, Washington, perhaps Buffalo.

One things for certain, I bet business at Shula's in Providence has been pretty slow this week.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pittsburgh is the only real concern for the rest of the year. Believe they are better in many ways than the Dolts...

I would consider them a little under the Colts. Yes, the Steelers are the biggest legitimate threat to knock us off, but the Giants are equally as likely if we go into game 16 at 15 and 0 with nothing, but history to play for. I would think Belichick would sit a lot of starters that game, but perhaps not. If you figure we would have a first round bye, he may not want to have Brady sitting out for what would be three weeks instead of two and give any cance of him getting rusty.

FRITOLAYGUY

I would consider them a little under the Colts. Yes, the Steelers are the biggest legitimate threat to knock us off, but the Giants are equally as likely if we go into game 16 at 15 and 0 with nothing, but history to play for. I would think Belichick would sit a lot of starters that game, but perhaps not. If you figure we would have a first round bye, he may not want to have Brady sitting out for what would be three weeks instead of two and give any cance of him getting rusty.

And the G-men have done it before, i remember Denver going into Giants stadium when they were 11-0 i believe and got smoked back in 97-98

jack97

IMO, the game with the g-man will be dependent on health. How many starters will need the rest.

One thing that I like about running up the score is that it exposes very little of the pats d. Opposing teams become one dimension and have to abandon the running game just to keep up with the scoring. IMO, the biggest weakness is the defense against the run, but Seymour has been out for close to half the season.

drjeff

IMO, the game with the g-man will be dependent on health. How many starters will need the rest.

One thing that I like about running up the score is that it exposes very little of the pats d. Opposing teams become one dimension and have to abandon the running game just to keep up with the scoring. IMO, the biggest weakness is the defense against the run, but Seymour has been out for close to half the season.

Before Seymour came back, it was a bit of run away from Wilfork(Granted with his size you need to take a WIDE swing to get around him;) ) But now with Seymour to help out, I bet you'll see an improvement in that area, and Rodney feeling a bit more comfortable about helping out upfront with the run from time to time

2knees

Greenberg and Golic were talking about some of the point spreads that vegas has put out on future pats games.

some of these are mind boggling -17 at home vs philly -11 at home vs. Pitt and right now its only -7.5 against the giants in the meadowlands.