• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NFL 2007 Season thread

PA Ridge Racer

Football fans, it all begins this Thursday. What are your predictions? Who's your favorite team? Talk it up here. I'm taking my New England Patriots to win their 4th title in 7 years by defeating the New Orleans Saints in Super Bowl 42.

ctenidae

I'd love to see the Saints in the Super Bowl. I might actually watch that one.
If someone could please remember to remind me if/when the time comes, that'd be great.

SkiDork

Who's your favorite team?

J=E=T=S Jets Jets Jets!!!

27-6012.jpg

Grassi21

I'm a New Yorker originally. But my favorite team is the 49ers (my Dad is a Giants fan). When routing for a local team it has to be the Jets.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Lifetime Patriots fans and I think we're poised to for our 4th title in 7 years. The Jets do concern me week 1 though. It usually takes a bit of time for the new players to catch on to Bill's system, so a week 1 upset by the Jets seems quite possible.

drjeff

As a Pats season ticket holder, I will say that they've looked real sharp in pre-season, and Brady has to be giddy with the fact that he has some real receivers this year as well as a strong running game.

Best thing from pre-season that I saw, and we'll have to wait a few weeks now to see it in the regular season is Rodney Harrison's knee is 100%! He had one play against the Titans where he absolutely blew by the d-line and leveled Vince Young from the blindside for a sack. And if you've ever seen Vince Young in person, you know how big a physical specimen he is.

If folks stay healthy, once again this year whoever wins the AFC will get the ring! Should be a great 3 horse race in the AFC between the Pats, the Colts and the Chargers. My biased opinion will give the ring to the Pats!

drjeff

I think we're all in agreement that it won't be the Falcons this year ;) Although in the long run competitively they're probably better with the dog lover

2knees

its all about cowher power for me. shit, he's gone now.

i dont see this being the steelers year. Patriots had their run. they'll be in the playoffs but i cant see them winning it all. maybe san diego without Marty Chokenheimer. Indy again?

ALLSKIING

Staff member
its all about cowher power for me. shit, he's gone now.

i dont see this being the steelers year. Patriots had their run. they'll be in the playoffs but i cant see them winning it all. maybe san diego without Marty Chokenheimer. Indy again?

I think the Steelers will make the playoffs.

PA Ridge Racer

As a Pats season ticket holder, I will say that they've looked real sharp in pre-season, and Brady has to be giddy with the fact that he has some real receivers this year as well as a strong running game.

Best thing from pre-season that I saw, and we'll have to wait a few weeks now to see it in the regular season is Rodney Harrison's knee is 100%! He had one play against the Titans where he absolutely blew by the d-line and leveled Vince Young from the blindside for a sack. And if you've ever seen Vince Young in person, you know how big a physical specimen he is.

If folks stay healthy, once again this year whoever wins the AFC will get the ring! Should be a great 3 horse race in the AFC between the Pats, the Colts and the Chargers. My biased opinion will give the ring to the Pats!

If folks can stay healthy is the question...We already have Rodney out for 4, Seymore out for at least 6, Moss is a ? for week 1...not good. I guess better now than during the playoffs. I'm totally psyched that Asante Samuel decided to show up for work though. I'm pumped for the season, I think it'll be a good one.

FRITOLAYGUY

If folks can stay healthy is the question...We already have Rodney out for 4, Seymore out for at least 6, Moss is a ? for week 1...not good. I guess better now than during the playoffs. I'm totally psyched that Asante Samuel decided to show up for work though. I'm pumped for the season, I think it'll be a good one.

I think the Pats will be 12-4 13-3 best case scenario. All i know is this, the Pats did the dirty work last year by beating SD, theres no way the Colts were beating them.. The AFC championship game this year will once again be better than the actual superbowl, thats a given.

ChileMass

Note - I'm a huge Pats fan -

So what do we think of one of the highest-profile players on the squeaky-clean Pats getting bagged for using HGH? I think Belichick, Pioli and Kraft must be having heart failure. The last thing they want is for other teams or fans to say the Pats cheat, especially because they want to be seen as the model NFL franchise. And Roger Goodell must be truly flipping out - after the Michael Vick fiasco he needs his most popoular franchise getting smeared as cheaters like he needs a hole in the head......

I think Belichick and the Pats tell Rodney he's all done once his suspension is over, especially if Meriweather can play.......better than being seen as cheaters......