• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Board... Help!

adamti91

Need everything but a jacket and goggles this year, will be hitting up the Potter Brothers' swap sales, selling a few boards, bindings, boots, etc. Going to put all my money towards gear for this year, trying to figure out what to get.

What do you think of these two boards? Either one will leave me broke and mean that I have to sell every worldly possession I own.

5765.jpg

The Arbor Element, environmentally friendly company, awesome pop, the wood grain is awesome, $400-$500.

5924.jpg

Sapient PNB1, pretty cool base (the size I want is green-ish, but same design), rides great, matches my jacket sort of. Last year's model so I can find it for $300.

This will probably be my board for a few years, as I'm selling both my current ones and all my bindings to pay for it, what do you guys think of the base graphics, since both get good marks for their ride.

Also, where the hell can I buy a replacement strap for Burton Customs (not the toe cap strap, the one that actually is bolted onto the binding)? Mine broke the LAST DAY of the season last year, and if I can't find another strap I need a new pair.

MarkC

I would go with the arbor but you can't possibly ride just one board for the season. You have to have at least a rock board for when things get a bit sketchy. As for the strap for the burton custom bindings, it depends on how old they are. I know a few shops on long island that sell burton replacement parts but only for the last few model years. Your best bet might be to get a hold of a burton rep.

dmc

Cant go wrong with the Arbor.

Check potter bros for strap parts..

adamti91

I would go with the arbor but you can't possibly ride just one board for the season. You have to have at least a rock board for when things get a bit sketchy. As for the strap for the burton custom bindings, it depends on how old they are. I know a few shops on long island that sell burton replacement parts but only for the last few model years. Your best bet might be to get a hold of a burton rep.

Yeah... I have my Option from last year that I will probably bust out come springtime for when it's sorta rocky.

adamti91

I'll stop by and check, but it's not the strap that most places sell replacements for... it's the one that's connected to the actual binding by a bolt (not the toe cap, the one that goes into that).

56fish

Website
www.borderskirental.com
Also, where the hell can I buy a replacement strap for Burton Customs (not the toe cap strap, the one that actually is bolted onto the binding)? Mine broke the LAST DAY of the season last year, and if I can't find another strap I need a new pair.

If you haven't got them yet - I've got strap parts at the shop.

Buy the Arbor.

No such thing as a "rock board" (if you work in a shop)...my Malolo goes every where!

:beer: