• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Breakfast thread...

Geoff

My breakfast for the last bunch of months has been an eggwhite omelet with spinach and salsa. I buy store-brand eggbeaters for $2.99/quart and use a cup per omelet. I buy frozen chopped spinach at $0.79 per package. It's about 250 calories and 25 grams of protein. There's just enough compex carbs in the spinach and salsa to give my blood sugar a decent shot for the morning. it's stupid-low food cost, maybe 5 minutes of prep time including washing the pan, and way better for you than the junk carbs most people eat. I drink green jasmine tea I buy at the asian grocery store. I pretty much only drink coffee at coffee shops.

drjeff

Late report today:

Egg white, cheddar and ham omlette wrap in a whole wheat tortilla. Or as my kids call them "cheesy egg burritos" :)

gmcunni

2 sausage mcmuffin with egg, hash browns + coffee. I'm no coffee connoisseur but mcD's coffee sucks.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Lately I've been a fan of piggies under a blanket. Couple home-made sausage patties seared in a skillet, then hoe-cake batter right on top of them, finish in the oven. Lovely.
Also like baked eggs with smoked ham and good cheddar. Crack 'em into a dish, little Heavy Cream, smoked ham, bake until yolks start to set, put on cheese, throw back in to melty goodness. Whole wheat toast and butter. Yum.
Coconut risotto with toasted almonds tossed in raw honey. Rasins and cinnamon too!
I also like french toast. I like to make a sandwich with thin slice Brioche, cream cheese, and thin sliced plums, peachs or banannas. Then soak the whole thing in Royal Batter and proceed as ussual. Yum.

Lately I've been a fan of piggies under a blanket. Couple home-made sausage patties seared in a skillet, then hoe-cake batter right on top of them, finish in the oven. Lovely.
Also like baked eggs with smoked ham and good cheddar. Crack 'em into a dish, little Heavy Cream, smoked ham, bake until yolks start to set, put on cheese, throw back in to melty goodness. Whole wheat toast and butter. Yum.
Coconut risotto with toasted almonds tossed in raw honey. Rasins and cinnamon too!
I also like french toast. I like to make a sandwich with thin slice Brioche, cream cheese, and thin sliced plums, peachs or banannas. Then soak the whole thing in Royal Batter and proceed as ussual. Yum.

Your post is making me hungry

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
OMG, you can make breakfast for me any time!!! :eek: YUM!