• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Breakfast thread...

Today...soup..white cheddar popcorn..cherry coke..I need a heady ass'd lunch to make up for it..then crab for dinner

ctenidae

Saturday breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, corned beef hash, homefries and white toast.
Sunday: ham egg and cheese on toast
Today: coffee

Grassi21

A bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch, 6 prunes, and a big glass of water. I usually grab my coffee when I get to the office. And I really needed that caffeine this AM.

Grassi21

Corned beef hash is where it's at. Breakfast Club in Allston is the only place I've found around here that does it well.

Stott's Dinner up near Mohegan Sun has amazing hash. Their baked goods are off the hook as well. Its a small old school place but those places are often the best.

MRGisevil

I usually don't eat breakfast, but when I do I looooooooooooooooooove me some sweet, sweet home fries. My sis-in-law re-married this weekend and the whole family went out to a breakfast buffet. I had three plates of home fries and a side of home fries. The state of shock I was in after that I'll forever remember as potato irenia. It was quite nice.

dmc

Corned beef hash is where it's at.

no doubt... cooked really well... crispy in spots.

My favorite breakfast meat... My least favorite is scraple... I can deal with a lot of wierd Philly stuff.. But i draw the line on scrapple. ;)

My favorite breakfast meat... My least favorite is scraple... I can deal with a lot of wierd Philly stuff.. But i draw the line on scrapple. ;)

People freaking love scrapple at the Blue mountain Drive-Inn..often-times I get a quick 20-25k vert at Blue on a weekend morning..then leave when the crowds get too crazy and get a late breakfast/brunch at the Blue mountain Drive-Inn in Danielsville..last season along at least 3 people who I ski with regularly went for the scrappple..I'll take the fresh sausage..thank you very much..

hammer

My favorite breakfast meat growing up was Taylor pork roll...

300px-Porkrollfrying2.jpg

Good stuff, wish I could get it up here in New England.

JimG.

Staff member

Ah! Corned beef hash done crispy with 2 fried eggs on top and a heaping side of hash browns.

Dammit now I'm hungry.

ctenidae

Ah! Corned beef hash done crispy with 2 fried eggs on top and a heaping side of hash browns.

Dammit now I'm hungry.

As long as they're over easy. Sunny side up gives too much yolk to soak into the hash, over medium not quite enough.
With liberal application of your choice of hot sauce, you can't go wrong.

Best part of the egg/hash/tater plate is you can slt and pepper (and hot sauce) the whole thing, wiht no worries of salting sweets.
I so know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow....

drjeff

Can't figure out that sCRAPle thing either?? My in-laws love it, my wife (having been raised with it atleast once a week) likes it. Kind of taste like sawdust to me not matter how much bacon grease I try and cook it in;) What I really can't stand about it, is that my mother in law has gone saturated fat/trans-fat fear crazy and has now found what amounts to tofu sCRAPle :puke: :-o :puke: I kindly excuse myself from the breakfast table and offer to go get folks coffees at DD(none for me) and egg and cheese on a bagel magically keeps appearing on the car seat next to me those mornings! :)

sledhaulingmedic

Since the majority of my ski days are day trips, I start happy early (much early than "Mad" early. When I just get up "Mad" early, I'm usually mad when I hit the slopes because I got there so late.) Portability is the key, so it's usually muffins or bagels (remember "yo" backwards is "oy".) Usually, I'll fill my thermos with coffee and hit the road.

I don't really drink (that much) any more. But for "hangover helper" nothing beats a greasy protein heavy breakfast, a litre bag of lactated ringers and 100mg Thiamine.