• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Breakfast thread...

drjeff

A splurge today, a DD bacon, egg and cheese on a wheat bagel and a Coke Zero. Still 2+ hours later feels like I have a 10lb brick in my stomach :puke:

Update: 4.5 hours later, still full courtesy of DD. Don't know how I'll manage lunch in less than an hour :rolleyes: Too bad since one of my local orthodontist colleagues is taking me to a good restaurant for lunch today :(

Update: 4.5 hours later, still full courtesy of DD. Don't know how I'll manage lunch in less than an hour :rolleyes: Too bad since one of my local orthodontist colleagues is taking me to a good restaurant for lunch today :(

Yikes you must have a small stomach...I usually get a Boston Creme Donut to go with a breakfast sandwich from DD..

drjeff

Yikes you must have a small stomach...I usually get a Boston Creme Donut to go with a breakfast sandwich from DD..

The carb/protein mix for me tends to "linger" for a while. Either mainly protein, or mainly carbs and I'm hungry within 2 hours. Mix and match and its SLOW motion. Forced me to have a piddly little casear salad for lunch instead of the normal phenomenal burger I would have had where I had lunch today :(

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The carb/protein mix for me tends to "linger" for a while. Either mainly protein, or mainly carbs and I'm hungry within 2 hours. Mix and match and its SLOW motion. Forced me to have a piddly little casear salad for lunch instead of the normal phenomenal burger I would have had where I had lunch today :(
"They" say that's the key... pairing carbs and protein. You utilize more nutrients and it keeps you full longer.

drjeff

"They" say that's the key... pairing carbs and protein. You utilize more nutrients and it keeps you full longer.

I know personally, if I go essentially all protein (Atkins like diet) the weight just melts off me, If I go high carb, the weight piles on me. Its all about finding that happy mid ground(and avoiding ordering the donuts at DD ;) )

I had an all beef hot dog for breakfast today. The other day I had bacon egg and cheese on a poppy bagel from Dunkin Donuts at like 8:30AM and I wasn't hungry until 3:00PM..Dr Jeff is right..

montvm

Lyndonville dinner VT

Any VT'ers out there ever have breakfast at this dinner.

Best Breakfast i ever had. That was proably 10 years ago, does anyone know if its still around?

drjeff

Today was a bacon, tomato and cheddar omlette with a grilled blueberry muffin at small diner just off Lake Winnipesaukee in Wolfeboro, NH. And of course I had a bite or two of the kids pancakes :)

drjeff

That's either a very late or very early breakfast, or are you just getting around to posting it? :)

A really late breakfast TR ;) Longish day of being with the family up in NH, then then when we got back to CT, one of the BIG thunderstomrs that rolled over my house this aftrenoon cuasing a power spike reaked some havoc with the cable modem and wireless router that took a little time and a couple of phone calls to tech support to get things back to normal :mad:

Moe Ghoul

The breakfast thread

Cuz its the most important meal of the day and we have a lunch and dinner thread.

Grapes, quark on crisp bread with some chopped up herbs, watermelon juiced, decaf green tea.

drjeff

A chocolate version of 1 of these

292813.jpg