• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter - Friday, 12/14/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
man that seems so long ago.

great day though, hope we get nice bumps again this year. i would prefer some nice pp bumps over 60 degrees and threating rain.

Strange, cuz to me it felt like yesterday. Can't wait for this year's repeat!

2knees

Strange, cuz to me it felt like yesterday. Can't wait for this year's repeat!

looking at the video is what gave me that feeling. Your bump skiing isnt even recognizable anymore its changed so much.

Greg

Staff member
looking at the video is what gave me that feeling. Your bump skiing isnt even recognizable anymore its changed so much.

What? You didn't like that pensive w--i--d--e stance? :lol: :oops: Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I worked pretty hard on my bump skiing last season. Glad to see it's paid off a bit.

Greg

Staff member
They are avaible all winter. If we run out we restock because there are dates later in the winter.

Cool. So nobody should feel pressured to buy one early, in case they have to bail or if the conditions look bad. This is definitely the way to go though, folks!

Hawkshot99

Cool. So nobody should feel pressured to buy one early, in case they have to bail or if the conditions look bad. This is definitely the way to go though, folks!

And if they do get one and have to bail it can be used on other dates during the winter.

It is good on any of these 4 Fridays this winter.
December 14
January 18
February 18
March 7

madskier6

Yeah, I'm looking forward to skiing at Hunter that day also, especially at that price! Thanks Hawkshot99 for pointing out the discount.

campgottagopee

I'm going to try and make it on 12/14 at least for the A.M. Have to get back at a decent hr that afternoon. I've never been to Hunter but it doesn't look like more than 40 or so minutes from Oneonta. Can anyone confirm that???

JimG.

Staff member
I'm going to try and make it on 12/14 at least for the A.M. Have to get back at a decent hr that afternoon. I've never been to Hunter but it doesn't look like more than 40 or so minutes from Oneonta. Can anyone confirm that???

That sounds about right...which route will you take?

Greg

Staff member
Looks like a pretty decent sized crew is lining up:

Greg
bvibert
Grassi21
GrilledSteezeSandwich
trtaylor
MRGisevil
rob56789
2knees
ALLSKIING
mattchuck2
dmc
kingslug
madskier6
Marc
JimG.
awf170
Hawkshot99
campgottagopee
koreshot

Nice mix of folks that I have and have not skied with yet. Looking forward to this. Hope for good bumps!

koreshot

Nice mix of folks that I have and have not skied with yet. Looking forward to this. Hope for good bumps!

Way to se the bar low... I'm hoping for nipple deep pow so we can see GSS steeze it up! Expecting to see some aerials from mattchuck too. I have zero air skills.

campgottagopee

That sounds about right...which route will you take?

Looks I'll take 88 to Oneonta, 23 to 23A into Hunter. Looks like the best way for me to go. Looks like 2 1/2 total trip for me---can be at Gore in less than that, but I've been there before.

MRGisevil

Greg
bvibert
Grassi21
GrilledSteezeSandwich
trtaylor
MRGisevil
rob56789
2knees
ALLSKIING
mattchuck2
dmc
kingslug
madskier6
Marc
JimG.
awf170
Hawkshot99
campgottagopee
koreshot

I was worried I might not be able to find anyone when I showed up, not knowing any of yous irl. I guess now I'll just look for the mass of skiers frantically searching for bumps ;)

2knees

that looks like more people then last year. if there arent any bumps greg, we should be able to setup a line in about 2 runs.

bvibert

Staff member
I was worried I might not be able to find anyone when I showed up, not knowing any of yous irl. I guess now I'll just look for the mass of skiers frantically searching for bumps ;)

LOL That's one way to find us. Following the stench is another good way...

Status
Not open for further replies.