• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2007 Bandit B2's

deadheadskier

Staff member
So....I've always wanted a pair of Rossi Bandit B2's. I've found a brand new pair on Ebay, 2007 model in the size I want...182. They've got a buy it now price of $299, includes shipping.

I'm on the fence. It is a great price, but.....what do people think the chances of the price going down a tad further if I hold out?

I'm real tempted, but the more I spend on gear, the less I'll have in my budget for lift tickets for the season.

Rushski

I just picked up a pair of Blizzard Titan Eights for $339.

So $299 for the B2s seems like a good deal.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Okay, now I'm real tempted, except for the sizing. I'm still leary of picking up a set skis under 180cm. Mind you, I haven't skied anything that has come out in the last four years. I love my 2003 Bandit X, but am looking for something a bit beefer. I'm not huge, 5'8" 195, but I'd be slightly concerned I might over power that size. Thoughts?

Greg

Staff member
I'm not huge, 5'8" 195, but I'd be slightly concerned I might over power that size. Thoughts?

A 174 cm? Not at all. Actually sounds like a perfect size for you. In fact, the 174 is still the second to longest length for that ski. Mid-fats get a lot of stability just from their overall width. I would think the 182 would be reserved for bigger guys, i.e. 210+ and well over 6'.

deadheadskier

Staff member
...now the home dilema. I've been promising the gf new end tables and a new coffee table set for months.....but, it is my birthday next saturday :lol:

Greg

Staff member
changed%20priorities.jpg

;)

koreshot

So....I've always wanted a pair of Rossi Bandit B2's. I've found a brand new pair on Ebay, 2007 model in the size I want...182. They've got a buy it now price of $299, includes shipping.

I'm on the fence. It is a great price, but.....what do people think the chances of the price going down a tad further if I hold out?

I'm real tempted, but the more I spend on gear, the less I'll have in my budget for lift tickets for the season.

Not that $299 for the B2s is not a respectable deal, but it isn't that great either. Sierra Snowboards had a bunch of B2s in every size for sale for $199 (including shipping) during their July/August blowout sale. This guy on ebay might be flippin a pair he bought on sierra for a $100 profit.

I have seen more than one place liquidate B2s and B3s in the sub $300 range this spring and summer. Either the skis aren't that great, or Rossi made a bit too many. I did pick up a pair of B3s for 199 from Sierra.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Okay, how about a binding recommendation as I'm not to familiar with the 'new school' bindings out there.

deadheadskier

Staff member
B-2's I believe have a foam core and apparently are supposed to feel great for about the first 20 days and then become a strand of spaghetti.

curious where you read/heard this. One of the reasons I've been loyal to Rossi for so many years is I've had great lluck with durability and ski life.

koreshot

Okay, how about a binding recommendation as I'm not to familiar with the 'new school' bindings out there.

I would recommend you get a pair of Rossi Axial 2 bindings in 12 or 14 DIN format. Risers or not is up to you. The higher the binding sits on the ski the more carving performance it will give you. Mounting flat is better for natural snow and whatnot.

Going with a Rossi binding will extend the warranty on the skis to 2 years, instead of 1.

koreshot

curious where you read/heard this. One of the reasons I've been loyal to Rossi for so many years is I've had great lluck with durability and ski life.

If I recall correctly, Rossi used to use wood is their bandit line, so they used to be much more durable as a result. Since then (about 4 years ago maybe?) they switched over to foam core skis which in theory isn't nearly as durable as wood. Salomon has been in the same boat with thier skis - feel great for about 30 days and then start to die fast and become noodly. This is fine for many people that ski 15 days a year and upgrade pretty frequently, but those that ski 40 days a year choose to avoid foam core skis.

That said, I have seen some pretty amazing skiers rip it up on foam core skis...

Hawkshot99

They are not a true foam core ski. Normally it is a injected foam, but the B2 is a carved foam core, just like the wood is carved. Havent skied a pair long enough to give a opinion on durability, so take it fo what its worth.

All Atomics have foam cores like this.(Or at least their recreational skis, not familiar with race lines.)

For a binding, I really like the Axial 2's. They are the most reliable that I function test, and plus they look cool.:lol:

SkiDork

Okay, now I'm real tempted, except for the sizing. I'm still leary of picking up a set skis under 180cm. Mind you, I haven't skied anything that has come out in the last four years. I love my 2003 Bandit X, but am looking for something a bit beefer. I'm not huge, 5'8" 195, but I'd be slightly concerned I might over power that size. Thoughts?

I'm 6'5" and weigh OVER 270 lbs. I've skied Fischer RC4's in a 156 for a number of years now, and love them.

Long length is a thing of the past. Let go of it. The 174s will be fine.

koreshot

I'm 6'5" and weigh OVER 270 lbs. I've skied Fischer RC4's in a 156 for a number of years now, and love them.

Long length is a thing of the past. Let go of it. The 174s will be fine.

What? Do you go faster than 5mph on those Fischers? You are a big dude - something longer might give improved high speed stability. Although, at that length you can probably lay down 5 foot deep trenches in short and medium length turns - probably pretty fun.

I have done the 167cm slaloms route, back when I took care of myself and was under 200lbs and that was a blast on the groomers, although i didn't feel like I needed to go any shorter, seemed like a nice balance between carving and high speed stability.

SkiDork

What? Do you go faster than 5mph on those Fischers? You are a big dude - something longer might give improved high speed stability. Although, at that length you can probably lay down 5 foot deep trenches in short and medium length turns - probably pretty fun.

I have done the 167cm slaloms route, back when I took care of myself and was under 200lbs and that was a blast on the groomers, although i didn't feel like I needed to go any shorter, seemed like a nice balance between carving and high speed stability.

Ask anyone thats seen me ski them. I'm no Bode, but I certainly have a lot of fun with them. They perform like nobodys business. Really.

koreshot

Ask anyone thats seen me ski them. I'm no Bode, but I certainly have a lot of fun with them. They perform like nobodys business. Really.

I don't doubt it. I am just having trouble imaging a 270lb guy flying down the mountain at 50mph on 156cm skis. I thought I was being silly buying the 167 Rossi 9S (those will be too short, what am I thinking?) but i was very pleasantly surprised. Maybe going even shorter would have been more fun.

Speaking of Bode, aren't race slalom skis right around 150cm anyway? So they must work some.

SkiDork

I don't doubt it. I am just having trouble imaging a 270lb guy flying down the mountain at 50mph on 156cm skis. I thought I was being silly buying the 167 Rossi 9S (those will be too short, what am I thinking?) but i was very pleasantly surprised. Maybe going even shorter would have been more fun.

Speaking of Bode, aren't race slalom skis right around 150cm anyway? So they must work some.

I don't like to do high speeds, so maybe thats why I don't need my 207's any more... Yes, these days slalom skis are pretty darn short. I just love leaving rails and gettin my hips really low. Thats why the RC4s are perfect for that.