• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
How much longer do you have to go Dairy Free? It's tough for me to go a day dairy free..
Hard to say Our son is having sensitivity issues with it so it's just a matter of how sensitive he is. Definitely 2 weeks. Could be until he stops breastfeeding though, which won't be for at least 8 more months. :( I miss cheese.

Hard to say Our son is having sensitivity issues with it so it's just a matter of how sensitive he is. Definitely 2 weeks. Could be until he stops breastfeeding though, which won't be for at least 8 more months. :( I miss cheese.

I guess you could eat cheese and put your son on Formula...I was never breast fed and I turned out O.K.:daffy:

ctenidae

Nice..I'll have to pick up a case at the local beer distributor and give it a try. After eating salad for lunch..I'm dying for another Bacon Cheeseburger at the local bar after work washed down with some $1.25 Budweiser drafts..besides skiing and sex..all I think about is food..:beer:

It's about $5.bottle from Trader Joes. Hate to see what it is normal retail.
Usually don't need to drink more than 1 at a sitting.

It's about $5.bottle from Trader Joes. Hate to see what it is normal retail.
Usually don't need to drink more than 1 at a sitting.

It sounds like a strong beer like Chimay. Delirium Tremans costs $9.50 a bottle from the local bar. Unfortunately here in PA liquor laws are screwy so there aren't many places where you can buy singles..

drjeff

Not sure yet. I have a dinner meeting tonight and I guess I'll have to see what looks good on the menu. I'm thinking chicken though. :) Oh and of course a beer :beer: during the cocktail hour prior to the meeting ;)

sledhaulingmedic

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to fine a good restauraunt with Canibal cuisine?

"Donner: party of 4? Donner: party of 3, Donner..."

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to fine a good restauraunt with Canibal cuisine?

"Donner: party of 4? Donner: party of 3, Donner..."

Totally..Animals taste damn good and mainly eat plants..and we eat animals so we must taste even better...I know in Africa some tribes eat the human heart live while it's still beating..add a nice glass of Pinot Noir and you've got yourself a mad steezy..high protein meal that would have Rachel Ray saying...mmmmmmm..:angry:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I guess you could eat cheese and put your son on Formula...I was never breast fed and I turned out O.K.:daffy:
Ummm... yeah. I don't think so.

Birthday dinner ended up being Chinese take-out. Chicken and string beans, a little of Brian's chicken and broccoli (brown sauce), rice, teriyaki beef, and golden fingers. YUM. Haven't had Chinese in ages.

bill2ski

Pizza tonight.
Artichoke,Greek olive,onion,spinach,dried tomatoes and garlic on whole wheat for me and the bride.
Sam's Oktoberfest
Pepperoni,green pepper and mushroom. for the boy.
Cheese. for the girl. ( she thinks, my pizza, looks like the mulch pile )
Cesar salad.
Baked Northern Spy apples with vanilla ice cream.shaved coconut and mocha topping.

Hey, other than the anchovies in the Cesar salad I'd be eating vegetarian tonight. whoda' guessed.

Hawkshot99

Cheese fries, with wing sauce to give it a kick, and some wings

Can you tell Im a single guy living on my own?
dinner.jpg

Grassi21

Cheese fries, with wing sauce to give it a kick, and some wings

Can you tell Im a single guy living on my own?
dinner.jpg

What is on the side of those cheese fries? It looks like sour cream or something.

PS - Don't forget to have your cholesterol checked. ;-)

Grassi21

it is sour cream.

I need to have it checked probably, but I don't want to know the answer.

I've eaten like you for most of my life. This year (I turned 30 in June) was the first time the doc warned me about my cholesterol. You have youth on your side for now. But there will come a point when it catches up to you. My cholesterol was 176 last year. It was 219 this year. :-o But I think having my check up the week after New Years was a bad idea. The holiday eating binge caught up to me.

hammer

I've eaten like you for most of my life. This year (I turned 30 in June) was the first time the doc warned me about my cholesterol. You have youth on your side for now. But there will come a point when it catches up to you. My cholesterol was 176 last year. It was 219 this year. :-o But I think having my check up the week after New Years was a bad idea. The holiday eating binge caught up to me.
Wow...I didn't realize it could increase that much from one year to the next...

My last check a few years ago was in the 180s...I'm due for another check at my next physical in November, although the cholesterol check is usually not the thing that bothers me, if you know what I mean.

Dinner tonight was a beef brisket cooked in an oven bag with various spices and peppercorns. My wife actually made it up a few days ago and I just heated it up in the oven tonight. Came out nice and tender, and the peppercorns gave it a nice flavor...

Grassi21

Wow...I didn't realize it could increase that much from one year to the next...

Well, a bit more than a year. The first test was Sept 05 and the last test was January 07. And like I said, the holiday season was a killer. I made a huge tray of potatoes au gratin (heavy cream, tons of cheese, onions that were sauteed in bacon fat and of course that wonderful bacon) for both X Mas and New Years. For the most part, I took down the left overs both times.