• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Today the Zees will be enjoying Filet Mignon purchased at Shop Rite for $5.99 a pound. I will grill said piece of meat outside on our charcol grill in 20+ degree weather. Since purchasing a headlamp for hiking I refuse to give up our grill :)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Today the Zees will be enjoying Filet Mignon purchased at Shop Rite for $5.99 a pound. I will grill said piece of meat outside on our charcol grill in 20+ degree weather. Since purchasing a headlamp for hiking I refuse to give up our grill :)
Good man! :beer: We normally use our grill year-round... except that the propane ran out months ago and Brian hasn't taken it to be refilled yet. :roll:

bvibert

Staff member
Good man! :beer: We normally use our grill year-round... except that the propane ran out months ago and Brian hasn't taken it to be refilled yet. :roll:

Probably cause he's too busy posting. Take away his posting rights and see how much gets done around the house. :lol:

Hey that's enough out of you two! I'll get around to filling it eventually.... Like after ski season, when I actually have a second or two to spare...

snoseek

That is an incredible price for filet!

drjeff

For tailgating yesterday at the Patriots game, the group I go with had a total of 6 TANKS of propane for the dual propane heaters and the dual dual burner camp stoves. Made the meal of shrimp cocktail, New England Clam Chowder, Filet Mignon and Lobster tails great in a nice warm, heated tent great!

Tonights meal for me was a relatively "boring" Chicken Pomodorro Panini from Panera Bread with an apple and an iced tea.

Mildcat

Wow that's cheap. Are you sure it isn't Soy Fillet Mignon?

bvibert

Staff member
In case anyone was wondering, it's delicious! :D 5 hrs on high/1 hr on low in the crock pot and it's perfect. I did cheat and use Tastefully Simple Onion Onion and Garlic Garlic instead of fresh (plus their Seasoned Salt), but no matter - the beer gave it an awesome different flavor. This is a keeper recipe. 8)

Mmmmm.... It was pretty good! :D Perfectly prepared... Yummy...

Grassi21

Nice. I love catching a great sale like that. I scored a porterhouse at 9.99/lb last weekend. So tasty. Now you have me craving steak for dinner....

Grassi21

Buffalo Wing in a Blanket

You heard it right. I can't remember the company but I've been buying these buffalo chicken sausages of a while now (they also make a sweet apple one too). The other day I noticed that they sell them in cocktail size too. So instead of the traditional pigs in a blanket we had buffalo wings in a blanket. A little blue cheese dressing for dipping, yum!

drjeff

I'm torn tonight. I'm picking up both kids from daycare/preschool and the wifey has been off getting her hair done/shopping all afternoon and won't be home until almost the kids bed time. Will it be a quick call on the way home for chinese take out or will I be bold and see what I can whip up for the kids in the 15 odd minutes I'll have between when we get home and when the kids absolutely loose it do to hunger?????

SKIQUATTRO

last night: Steak w/ Montreal Seasonings on the grill, Salad, sauteed mushrooms, sweet potato..

tonight: Tortollini over Pesto with fresh peas, fresh baked bread paired with a nice red wine

ctenidae

Did a pork roast last night- salt, pepper, garlic, sugar, cayenne as a rub, put it on the grill at about 250F for 7 hours. Dang tasty. my wife wanted to put barbecue sauce on it, but I didn't let her- did it North Carolina style (but didn't even need the vinegar sauce.) It's lunch today, with beans and rice.

Grassi21

Did a pork roast last night- salt, pepper, garlic, sugar, cayenne as a rub, put it on the grill at about 250F for 7 hours. Dang tasty. my wife wanted to put barbecue sauce on it, but I didn't let her- did it North Carolina style (but didn't even need the vinegar sauce.) It's lunch today, with beans and rice.

Nice. I popped a pork shoulder in the crock pot on low for 10 hrs. Rubbed it with a home-made BBQ blend. Used some chicken broth in the crock pot for moisture. I shredded it up and applied my home-made Carolina style sauce. Slapped it on a bun with some home-made slaw and viola Super Bowl dinner!

We will be having pork for lunch and dinner today. Probably still enough for dinner tomorrow as well. Life is good. :)