Dinner thread...What's cooking... - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 210 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Tonight's dish

Whole Grain Mustard, Romano and Herb Crusted Australian Rack of Lamb stuffed with Merguez Sausage, Sauced with Bordelaise and paired with Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Zuchini, Summer Squash and Snow Peas.

Yes, I have food coma.

Don't know why, but lately, snow peas seem to be my vegetable of choice
    You da man. Sounds awesome.

Tonight I made a bacon, broccoli, and cheddar quiche. Its cooling at the moment. Smells great.

'04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    You da man. Sounds awesome.

Tonight I made a bacon, broccoli, and cheddar quiche. Its cooling at the moment. Smells great.
    well, considering I get a villian deal on high quality protein from my job selling it, when I have a Friday night to really work with the product and make a nice meal for the gf and I, I step up.

That being said, I'm also a huge fan of quiche....yum

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    well, considering I get a villian deal on high quality protein from my job selling it, when I have a Friday night to really work with the product and make a nice meal for the gf and I, I step up.

That being said, I'm also a huge fan of quiche....yum
    Quiche is so easy and a great way to get rid of left overs.

I already started on tomorrow's meal.

- London broil marinated in soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, dash of vinegar, garlic, fresh ginger, green onion, and crushed red pepper.

- Chicken marinated in lemon, garlic, olive oil, and s&p.

And to round things out I have some sweet italian sausage that I will hit with some mesquite smoke at the end. Also making home made guac with avocados, garlic, sour cream, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, lemon juice, s&p, and a dash of hot sauce. All this for 6 people...
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

- London broil marinated in soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, dash of vinegar, garlic, fresh ginger, green onion, and crushed red pepper.

And to round things out I have some sweet italian sausage that I will hit with some mesquite smoke at the end. Also making home made guac with avocados, garlic, sour cream, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, lemon juice, s&p, and a dash of hot sauce. All this for 6 people...
    NICE WORK

I love entertaining, especially the prepping and marinating the nigh before. No one there to bother you. Just you and the food.

Tripple protien. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sledhaulingmedic View Post
    Tripple protien. Very nice.
    London broil, chicken, sausage, and I ened up doing some clams. That makes 4.

Sauteed garlic in some olive oil, crushed red pepper, s&p, lemon and lime zest and juice, parsley, and a Saranac Adirondack Lager. Toss in those clams for 7 - 10 minutes and enjoy.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Saturday night we went out to the Apollo Grill for my Moms birthday...

1st course Baked Brie with apples, crackers, and caramel..with a Bombay Saphire gin martini on the rocks with olives..

2nd course..Ceasar salad..

3rd course..Salmon in a citrus herb butter with parsley mashed potatoes and vegetables..and a Budweiser..

4th course..dessert plate..creme brule, apple crisp, peanut butter and chocolate mousse cake, and some sort of cheesecake..coffee.

5th course back home...Yuengling lager and a visit with my friend Mary Jane..

We had Lil' Smoies for dinner, with the homemade grape jelly/ketchup/mustard sauce.
    We were doing house work until 10.30 or so. It happens.

On a recent trip to the Whites found a new favorite restaurant at the Glen......The Red Parka.....I do a pretty good job on eating healthy but their homemade meatloaf on a slice of feshly baked bread smothered in a muchroom/onion gravy was as good as it sounded on the menu. It's nice to breakout once in awhile for some good old comfort food.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com

" Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all -- in which case, you fail by default,"

To beat the grim reaper in life it's not about how long you live but how you live it.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer View Post
    On a recent trip to the Whites found a new favorite restaurant at the Glen......The Red Parka.....I do a pretty good job on eating healthy but their homemade meatloaf on a slice of feshly baked bread smothered in a muchroom/onion gravy was as good as it sounded on the menu. It's nice to breakout once in awhile for some good old comfort food.
    That's healthy...protein and carbs..what more could you want???

I'm craving lump crab meat dipped in brown butter with a baked potato..and I know just the place... washed down with some Bass....my diet can start tomorrow..

Thread Information