• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Buffalo Chili the last two days. Grilled Chicken and salad today. Buffalo rib eye steak tomorrow. Found a buffalo farm in NJ :)

My company is from Jersey, we sell Buffalo from Canada though. Best on the market, but expensive. Our 8oz Rib Eye steak sells in most stores for about $15.00

Oh and tonight I'm having Seared Rabbit Loin with Salad

Where can you buy Rabbit loin? You live in Maine so maybe they have that at Hannafords..

So out of curiosity.,..is there something comparable to Rabbit loin? Is it good broiled as well? What do you marinate it in?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Where can you buy Rabbit loin? You live in Maine so maybe they have that at Hannafords..

So out of curiosity.,..is there something comparable to Rabbit loin? Is it good broiled as well? What do you marinate it in?

If you go to most high end butcher shops in cities, they will be able to get it for you. Rabbit is tough to describe. The meat is like chicken in texture when raw and has sort of a white meat flavor when cooked, but not exactly chicken, not exactly pork. It's actually the healthiest meat one can eat. Extremely lean, low in cholesteral...considered the ultimate health food meat.

Broiling Rabbit would be somewhat tough. The meat is not real uniform in shape, so your wouldn't get a real uniform cook through. I haven't had rabbit in forever. Most braise the legs, pull the meat and do like a mushroom cream suace for it. Some take the loin and make a roulade out of it. I'm sort of going Asian/Caribean with my marinade....soy, rum, cilantro, parsely, ginger, pepper and searing it. Call it Kung Fu Jamican Rabbit I guess :lol: We'll see how it turns out.

If you go to most high end butcher shops in cities, they will be able to get it for you. Rabbit is tough to describe. The meat is like chicken in texture when raw and has sort of a white meat flavor when cooked, but not exactly chicken, not exactly pork. It's actually the healthiest meat one can eat. Extremely lean, low in cholesteral...considered the ultimate health food meat.

Broiling Rabbit would be somewhat tough. The meat is not real uniform in shape, so your wouldn't get a real uniform cook through. I haven't had rabbit in forever. Most braise the legs, pull the meat and do like a mushroom cream suace for it. Some take the loin and make a roulade out of it. I'm sort of going Asian/Caribean with my marinade....soy, rum, cilantro, parsely, ginger, pepper and searing it. Call it Kung Fu Jamican Rabbit I guess :lol: We'll see how it turns out.

Wow..that sounds awesome..I want a trip report of your dinner. I don't think I've ever been to a butcher shop..but now I'm curious to check one out. I know of one downtown.

It's not even lunch time yet and I'm already thinking about what I'm having for dinner...maybe some Chinese food...Cold Seseme noodles..Hot and Sour Soup..and a Spring Roll...mmmm..washed down with some Magic Hat #9..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Just to clarify, when she said 'made' she meant that I poured the frozen raviolis from the bag into the pot of boiling water and cooked them for 6 minutes...
Hey, some guys can't even handle that much. Allow me to give you some credit! :)

Tonight... I was thinking of making turkey chili. Depends on how motivated I am. It's just me and the kids and since I'll probably be the only one eating it, I may skip it. Then again, if I'm really feeling motivated, I may go for homemade baked mac & cheese. DD loves that!