• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

HD333

If you're in the mood for Italian, I'd suggest Gran Gusto in Cambridge over anything in the North End. Hidden gem, utilizes better ingredients than anywhere in the North End and the menu doesn't include the tourist mark up.

Thanks for the suggestion, wife has her heart set on Giacamos (hopefully we time the line right) and with the kids the North End touristy thing adds some value so I think the N.End is where we will end up.
Will check out Gran Gusto for a future date night though.

wa-loaf

If you're in the mood for Italian, I'd suggest Gran Gusto in Cambridge over anything in the North End. Hidden gem, utilizes better ingredients than anywhere in the North End and the menu doesn't include the tourist mark up.

I just drove by there at lunch. Way the hell out in nowhere Cambridge. :-o

deadheadskier

Staff member
I just drove by there at lunch. Way the hell out in nowhere Cambridge. :-o

yeah, totally bizarre location. I'm guessing cheap rent. Probably helps keep his menu prices down. Most of the products he uses are sold for far money even in Harvard Square, never mind in Boston.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Parmesan Crusted Cod with Sage brown butter and corn on the cob - from Florida and okay. Not fresh local summer corn, but pretty good, especially on a hot summer night, which is what we have.