• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'm impressed, Tim! Would you give Brian lessons?

I ended up making homemade baked mac & cheese (with a roux!) with a side of broccoli and cauliflower.

MR. evil

I'm impressed, Tim! Would you give Brian lessons?

I ended up making homemade baked mac & cheese (with a roux!) with a side of broccoli and cauliflower.

I am the cook of the house. In High school and through part of college I worked in a resturaunt. I started off washing dishes, then busing table, then bar tending, then food prep, and finnally spent my last year there cooking behind the line. My mother also taught my bother, sister and I all to cook at a very early age. When we were teenagers each one of us had to cook for the family once a month.

When Randi and I first started dating her idea of cooking was pouring cereal into a bowl and adding milk. She has come along way since then. She can now cook almost as well as I can...............almost;-)

Paul

Grilled salmon with couscous and mixed veg and legumes on the side.

One thing about Rabbit, you need to eat some fat either with it, or during the day. Its really high in protein and there's like no fat at all. Sometimes too much of a good thing.....

deadheadskier

Staff member
Grilled salmon with couscous and mixed veg and legumes on the side.

One thing about Rabbit, you need to eat some fat either with it, or during the day. Its really high in protein and there's like no fat at all. Sometimes too much of a good thing.....

Trust me, I tout the health benefits of rabbit like a good salesman, but my diet is anything but healthy.

No fat shortage here :lol:

For instance tonight: Filet Mignon, Smoked Bacon Mashed Potatoes and Salad

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I went a little crazy tonight. Made Toll House Pie, too. And it's the first time I've made a pie crust from scratch since my freshman year of high school Foods class. :oops: It's cooling now... looks good!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I am the cook of the house. In High school and through part of college I worked in a resturaunt. I started off washing dishes, then busing table, then bar tending, then food prep, and finnally spent my last year there cooking behind the line. My mother also taught my bother, sister and I all to cook at a very early age. When we were teenagers each one of us had to cook for the family once a month.

When Randi and I first started dating her idea of cooking was pouring cereal into a bowl and adding milk. She has come along way since then. She can now cook almost as well as I can...............almost;-)
I am impressed! When I met Brian, he mostly ate reheated frozen chicken nuggets with tator tots, Pizza Hut, or boxed mac & cheese. He's gotten better, but he still mostly sticks with reheating foods.

I, on the other hand,don't branch out much with my cooking because he is such a picky eater. But I LOVE to bake. :D I've been doing a lot of it this winter since I can send the treats in to Sundown for all the lifties to enjoy (and thereby preventing us from gaining 50 lbs in a few short months LOL).

snoseek

Went out for mexican tonight and got Carne asada plate and one crispy chili rellano. Sooo good and the two of us ate for under 30 with 2 strong margeritas. I'm so addicted to chili rellanos. They are how I judge a good mexican restaurant, if they get it right I'll come back every time.

bvibert

Staff member
I went a little crazy tonight. Made Toll House Pie, too. And it's the first time I've made a pie crust from scratch since my freshman year of high school Foods class. :oops: It's cooling now... looks good!

mmmm... it was yummy too. Probably shouldn't have eaten the whole thing... ;)

snoseek

MMMMMMM. With a tall glass of cold milk. MMMMMMMM

ctenidae

Went 100% grilled last night- pork tenderloin with a dry rub of oregano, dry mustard, salt, pepper, grilled whole, and skewers of potatos, peppers, and onions. First time I've grilled potatoes- turned out pretty well, except it's tough to effectively judge doneness on the taters.

I'm just upset there wasn't any pork left over for lunch today.

MRGisevil

Tim gives me too much credit. I never added milk. Tonight is my night to cook, so I am stewing up a wolfpack game & a coupon for one (1) free hotdog or slice of pizza and beer.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Tim gives me too much credit. I never added milk. Tonight is my night to cook, so I am stewing up a wolfpack game & a coupon for one (1) free hotdog or slice of pizza and beer.
NICE. :beer:

Tonight will be turkey chili. Or turkey meatloaf w/pepper relish/garlic mashed potatoes/veg. I haven't decided yet.