• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
very good. tonight i had chicken wings, with leftover root veggie hash, and spinach (back to normal)

I think tomorrow i'll have peas and pasta (have leftover pasta dough from ravioli)
You have so much more energy than I do! :beer:

I have beef stew in the crockpot and Italian bread going in the bread machine. :D

I have a $25 gift card for a local sports bar I won last week playing poker so I might use that or I might go out to a seafood restaurant for lump crab meat. This Friday night is a BBQ at my parents house and Saturday night is a family dinner out...so if I play my cards right...I might make it through the entire week without cooking once...which means no dishes...haha...actually I mostly just use plastic throwaway plates and plastic cups and plastic silverware...because I don't have a dishwasher in my apartment...Holla

bvibert

Staff member
actually I mostly just use plastic throwaway plates and plastic cups and plastic silverware...because I don't have a dishwasher in my apartment...Holla

That's not very green of you. I recommend getting yourself a dishwasher. Mine's short with dark hair. Sometimes I have to kick it to get it going, but otherwise it runs OK.

holla

Ducks for cover!! :eek:

:lol:

hammer

That's not very green of you. I recommend getting yourself a dishwasher. Mine's short with dark hair. Sometimes I have to kick it to get it going, but otherwise it runs OK.

holla

Just wait until you get a new model in about 10 years or so...the young ones need to be kicked on a regular basis, and then you sometimes have to wash the dishes again...:wink:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

holla

Just wait until you get a new model in about 10 years or so...the young ones need to be kicked on a regular basis, and then you sometimes have to wash the dishes again...:wink:
Is that how you can tell it's time for a new one? Guess I'm due to be replaced... Brian was washing the dishes yesterday.

Hmmm... guess that means maybe it's MY turn to get a dishwasher.... Much better than a pool boy any day! :beer:

hammer

Is that how you can tell it's time for a new one? Guess I'm due to be replaced... Brian was washing the dishes yesterday.
You already have your replacement, you just have to wait until she can reach over the countertop and be (somewhat) trusted with breakable items...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You already have your replacement, you just have to wait until she can reach over the countertop and be (somewhat) trusted with breakable items...
Duh. Please excuse the brain fog. I misread what you typed. :oops: (Or maybe I read it the way I wanted .... LOL)

Yeah, I remember when I became my mom's replacement to do...everything. Cleaning sucks.

Hawkshot99

Duh. Please excuse the brain fog. I misread what you typed. :oops: (Or maybe I read it the way I wanted .... LOL)

Yeah, I remember when I became my mom's replacement to do...everything. Cleaning sucks.

Crap I have been doing all that stuff for myself for a while, and I'm male. I'm not supposed to have to clean.

My parents retired in June, and have been making the most of their retirement. I haven't seen them in almost 4 weeks. They get home sometime this week, so I need to do some serious cleaning! As for cooking, I have been eating alot of macaroni and cheese while they were gone. Probly another box tonight......

hammer

Nope, my bad...I wasn't clear enough on who the replacement was. Besides, I don't want to bust on Brian too much...I know what he can do to skiers when they are down. ;-)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Tonight's dish

Whole Grain Mustard, Romano and Herb Crusted Australian Rack of Lamb stuffed with Merguez Sausage, Sauced with Bordelaise and paired with Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Zuchini, Summer Squash and Snow Peas.

Yes, I have food coma.

Don't know why, but lately, snow peas seem to be my vegetable of choice ;) :snow:

Grassi21

Tonight's dish

Whole Grain Mustard, Romano and Herb Crusted Australian Rack of Lamb stuffed with Merguez Sausage, Sauced with Bordelaise and paired with Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Zuchini, Summer Squash and Snow Peas.

Yes, I have food coma.

Don't know why, but lately, snow peas seem to be my vegetable of choice ;) :snow:

You da man. Sounds awesome.

Tonight I made a bacon, broccoli, and cheddar quiche. Its cooling at the moment. Smells great.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You da man. Sounds awesome.

Tonight I made a bacon, broccoli, and cheddar quiche. Its cooling at the moment. Smells great.

well, considering I get a villian deal on high quality protein from my job selling it, when I have a Friday night to really work with the product and make a nice meal for the gf and I, I step up.

That being said, I'm also a huge fan of quiche....yum

Grassi21

well, considering I get a villian deal on high quality protein from my job selling it, when I have a Friday night to really work with the product and make a nice meal for the gf and I, I step up.

That being said, I'm also a huge fan of quiche....yum

Quiche is so easy and a great way to get rid of left overs.

I already started on tomorrow's meal.

- London broil marinated in soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, dash of vinegar, garlic, fresh ginger, green onion, and crushed red pepper.

- Chicken marinated in lemon, garlic, olive oil, and s&p.

And to round things out I have some sweet italian sausage that I will hit with some mesquite smoke at the end. Also making home made guac with avocados, garlic, sour cream, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, lemon juice, s&p, and a dash of hot sauce. All this for 6 people...

deadheadskier

Staff member

- London broil marinated in soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, dash of vinegar, garlic, fresh ginger, green onion, and crushed red pepper.

And to round things out I have some sweet italian sausage that I will hit with some mesquite smoke at the end. Also making home made guac with avocados, garlic, sour cream, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, lemon juice, s&p, and a dash of hot sauce. All this for 6 people...

NICE WORK

I love entertaining, especially the prepping and marinating the nigh before. No one there to bother you. Just you and the food.

sledhaulingmedic

Tripple protien. Very nice.

Grassi21

Tripple protien. Very nice.

London broil, chicken, sausage, and I ened up doing some clams. That makes 4. ;-)

Sauteed garlic in some olive oil, crushed red pepper, s&p, lemon and lime zest and juice, parsley, and a Saranac Adirondack Lager. Toss in those clams for 7 - 10 minutes and enjoy.

Saturday night we went out to the Apollo Grill for my Moms birthday...

1st course Baked Brie with apples, crackers, and caramel..with a Bombay Saphire gin martini on the rocks with olives..

2nd course..Ceasar salad..

3rd course..Salmon in a citrus herb butter with parsley mashed potatoes and vegetables..and a Budweiser..

4th course..dessert plate..creme brule, apple crisp, peanut butter and chocolate mousse cake, and some sort of cheesecake..coffee.

5th course back home...Yuengling lager and a visit with my friend Mary Jane..

ctenidae

We had Lil' Smoies for dinner, with the homemade grape jelly/ketchup/mustard sauce.
We were doing house work until 10.30 or so. It happens.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
On a recent trip to the Whites found a new favorite restaurant at the Glen......The Red Parka.....I do a pretty good job on eating healthy but their homemade meatloaf on a slice of feshly baked bread smothered in a muchroom/onion gravy was as good as it sounded on the menu. It's nice to breakout once in awhile for some good old comfort food.

On a recent trip to the Whites found a new favorite restaurant at the Glen......The Red Parka.....I do a pretty good job on eating healthy but their homemade meatloaf on a slice of feshly baked bread smothered in a muchroom/onion gravy was as good as it sounded on the menu. It's nice to breakout once in awhile for some good old comfort food.

That's healthy...protein and carbs..what more could you want???

I'm craving lump crab meat dipped in brown butter with a baked potato..and I know just the place...:daffy: washed down with some Bass....my diet can start tomorrow..:p