• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Mysore Masala Dosa & Malai Kofta from Priya in Chicopee, MA.

Exceptional Indian Cuisine if you're in the area. I usually don't eat the same variety of food two nights in a row, but the lamb dish I had last night was so outstanding I had to go back. Huge portions. Couldn't eat half of what I ordered both nights.

ScottySkis

Taco bell trying new hot and spicy things from here tonight munchies I drink root beer with it because going in to part time work tonight in fabulous Woodbury common s.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
20642575790_314499236e.jpg

SkiFanE

In the oven right now - on pizza stone - homemade pizza with Portland Pie Co dough, Cherry tomatoes, EVOO, EVOO with garlic (damn no fresh garlic), fresh basil, little Italian seasoning and 2 types of mozzarella. Easiest dinner ever.

ScottySkis

The lunch thread was such a success and I know there are alot of foodies on here so I thought I'd start a dinner thread. What's everybody having for dinner tonight??? I don't know for sure yet but I have Salmon in my fridge and I might also make nachos. I have a craving for Japanese Hibachi food so that's an option as well. Two night ago I went to this great seafood restaurant where they import lump crab meat from Maryland everyday. Wow..that dipped in brown butter with a baked potato is just wonderful..I could eat that everyday. :snow::snow::snow:

Bump last night I had veal parm.. From local place. Wha t happened to this poster. He go all snowblower and get banned?

ScottySkis

Golden Archer Mc D Breakfast sandwich they finally listening to me been saying this should had done breakfast sandwich 24 hours a day for ever.

Cornhead

I throw up thinking about mcDs

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

You have to be careful what you say, I recently told someone that Mc Donald's big breakfast wasn't terrible, pretty tough to f'up scrambled eggs and pancakes. Wouldn't you know, next time I ordered it, it came to the window too quickly. I started to eat, and I could tell it had been sitting around for awhile. I took it back and had them make one fresh. Glad I didn't get it to go. Got a Taco Bell Grande Scrambler today, it wasn't bad.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Typically a thin crust NY style pizza guy, but decided to try my hand at Chicago Deep Dish tonight. Pretty darn tasty

Attachments

• 1451696218508.jpg
    1451696218508.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 55

jimk

Making turkey chili with leftovers from Christmas dinner. A good dose of gravy goes in with the chili for extra body along with onions and pepper. Whole mess is fairly low fat until I dump a big pile of cheddar on it:dontknow:

WoodCore

Leftover turkey goulash and some fresh home cooked buffalo wings.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

I've been bringing my lunch to the ski area in a Zojirushi Mr. Bento. It's available on Amazon for about $40. I am in love with it. It has two containers for hot food, and two containers for room temperature food. You can pack plenty of food into it. My only criticism is that the non-hot containers are not good for cold food. Some warmth will penetrate those containers so that the food in them is slightly above room temperature. But it's great to be able to bring some hot food with me on a cold day in such a convenient package. It even comes with a spork.

Bento.jpg

ctenidae

Typically a thin crust NY style pizza guy, but decided to try my hand at Chicago Deep Dish tonight. Pretty darn tasty

Using the cast iron as the dish is brilliant. Nice one! Did you get the pan hot first? Best part of Chicago style is when you have the greasy almost-burnt edge crust.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nope, well greased, room temperature pan and ingredients. Roughly 30 minutes at 450 degrees. YMMV on the time. Don't skimp on the sauce as a lot of it will evaporate due to the longer cooking time. I would think a higher temp would result in burnt cheese before crust has proper chance to develop. I normally crank my oven to 550 with a stone for at least an hour for traditional neopolitan style pizza.