• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

The lunch thread was such a success and I know there are alot of foodies on here so I thought I'd start a dinner thread. What's everybody having for dinner tonight??? I don't know for sure yet but I have Salmon in my fridge and I might also make nachos. I have a craving for Japanese Hibachi food so that's an option as well. Two night ago I went to this great seafood restaurant where they import lump crab meat from Maryland everyday. Wow..that dipped in brown butter with a baked potato is just wonderful..I could eat that everyday. :snow::snow::snow:

dmc

I';m out of town.. Who knows what slop I'll toss down my gullet...

bill2ski

Cajun Night

Crab cakes w/ creole sauce, Braised andouille sausage smothered in trio w/ Dirty rice.
Fried beniets (dough balls) w/ maple syrup and powdered sugar.

snoseek

Crab cakes w/ creole sauce, Braised andouille sausage smothered in trio w/ Dirty rice.
Fried beniets (dough balls) w/ maple syrup and powdered sugar.

this sounds like a good night.

you making this at home?

bill2ski

Yup, just finished dessert. The sausage were nice and spicy, next time, were going to use rice pilaf instead of the dirty rice. We needed something to temper the heat, not fuel the fire. Sam Light to wash it down helped.

bvibert

Staff member
Probally go to PIZZA HUT. Its wensday night so that means buffet for $8!

wow I ate too much..........:-(

That's funny, we ended up having Domino's last night. Had to try that Oreo Cookie pizza thing they have for desert... It was good, but not all it's hyped up to be IMHO. The pizza wasn't bad though, tried the Brooklyn style...

We also ate way too much....

ctenidae

I had tuna melts and mac and cheese for dinner.
it was all very tasty.
Particularly washed down with a bottle of Ommegang.

I ended up having a steak sandwich at the neighborhood bar...good steak sandwiches around these parts..now I want another steak sandwich for lunch..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I actually cooked tonight! :D Ditalini (I think that's what they were?) pasta with alfredo sauce, broccoli, and chicken. Yellow and green beans with carrots on the side.

bill2ski

German Night
Sauerkraut, Kielbasa,(B+M) brown bread and baked beans w/ bacon and onions and Sam's Oktoberfest
Coworkers be Warned !!!

wa-loaf

German Night
Sauerkraut, Kielbasa,(B+M) brown bread and baked beans w/ bacon and onions and Sam's Oktoberfest
Coworkers be Warned !!!

That's sounds good. It's getting to be Sauerbraten season!

Quesadillas tonight.

Last night..Canary Burger from the local bar...

Medium burger, cheddar, two slices of bacon, shredded lettuce, and 2 Onions rings...mmmmm

The night before...garlic chicken from the local diner with rice and corn....mmmmmm

I love eating..

Grassi21

I made salmon cakes. Sauteed some onion, red pepper, celery, and garlic in some olive oil. I added that to some flaked up salmon, crumbled Ritz crackers, a couple of eggs, some hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, mustard, and lemon juice. I dropped them on a griddle for a few minutes on each side and then finished them off in the oven. Served them on a wheat roll with home-made tartar sauce and a little side salad. Yum!

sledhaulingmedic

I'm going out to fire up the smoker for some chicken. Dinner will probably be smoked chicken quesadillas, or perhaps "New Maxican Chicken Parm" (Smoked chicken, covered with Red Chile and melted cheese, my own invention.)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'm supposed to be making chili con carne tonight... but I have a raging migraine so who knows if I'll get to it. Dairy-free sucks, BTW.