• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MLB Postseason Predictions

ChileMass

OK, Yankee fans - let's hear from you -

Here's one fan's predictions:

ALDS:
Minnesota over Yanks in 4
Sox over Anaheim in 4
NLDS:
Houston over Atlanta in 5
St. Louis over Dodgers in 4

ALCS:
Sox over Minny in 6
Houston over St. Louis in 6

World Series:
Sox over Houston in 7 (remember Game 7 of WS in AL park this year)

Charlie Schuessler

ALDS
Yankees over Minnesota in 4
Anaheim over Sox in 5
NLDS
Atlanta over Houston in 5
St. Louis over Dodgers in 5

ALCS
Yankees over Anaheim in 7
St. Louis over Atlanta in 7

World Series
St. Louis over Yankees in 7 (Yankees can't win the BIG one anymore)

Charlie Schuessler

ChileMass said:
So Charlie - what part of NY are you from, anyway........?? :D

Brooklyn. Where da' Bums beat the Yankees before they moved to LA...

Besides, St. Louis has the best record in MLB with a fellow who can Manage a World Series winner. Torre can manage but he doesn't have the pitching to win it all.

SilentCal

Minnesota over New York in 5
Anaheim over Sox in 5

Atlanta over Houston in 5
St. Louis over L.A. in 3

Anaheim over Minnesota in 6
St. Louis over Atlanta in 5

Anaheim over St. Louis in 7

All bets for the Sox are off if Vladimir Guerrero decides to be Superman. Lifelong Expos fan here who hopes Vladi can do it, but it would be nice to see a Sox-Yankees seven game classic again.

Max

There can be only one prediction that you can bank on...that the Red Sox will once again do something unbelieveable that will just add to the overloaded level of angst among New England baseball enthusiasts. Who will be the Bill Buckner of 2004?

Max

ChileMass

Game 2 ALDS tonight -

Pedro over Bartolo in an ugly, potentially high-scoring game. Both teams will try to make the other pitcher throw a lot of pitches, and either could be out of the game by the 5th or 6th inning. Anaheim has a stronger bullpen, but the Sox' pen is very good, too, and Timlin can pitch again tonight despite going 2 innings last night. The Sox have the offensive and defensive edge, so in a long, drawn-out game, the Sox win 9-7. Brew up some strong coffee and get out the toothpicks for the eyes. With all the commercials, this game could go 3 1/2 hours or more, which means it could end at 130-200AM.....

Bonus prediction -

Leiber pitches brilliantly for 5 innings and gets shelled in the 6th. Radke goes 7 strong, hands it over to the Minny bullpen and the Twinkies win 6-2, throwing Yankee Nation into a panic.......

pedxing

Having watched every game of the 1967 World Series as a little kid, a perfect playoff series would be to have the Sox beat the Yankees and the Cardinals.

I'd predict it, but that would be going with my hopes - not logical calculations.

TenPeaks

I predict the Sox will win the first game against the Angels 9 to 3 and the second game 8 to 3! My devine oracle won't be available for game 3 until Saturday morning. :wink:

Zand

My predictions...

Sox over Anaheim in 3 (I have this feeling I'll be right)
Yanks over Minnie in 5
Houston over Atlanta in 4
St. Louis over LA in 3

Sox over Yankees in 5 (at home)
Houston over St. Louis in 6

Sox over Houston in 7 (That's when they start burning down Boston)

Alpinista

Website
www.suite101.com
If the Sox looked like the boys of October in that series -- they were looking like the Yanks in October, not the Sox. :wink:

My predictions:
_ Sox over Yanks in 6
_ Houston over St. Louis in 5
_ Houston over Sox in 7

Yanks manage to find ways to win, but they don't have the pitching this year. So, I'll give them a couple of wins in the Sox series just because they seem to find ways to tie up the Sox.

Houston over Sox -- Clemens still has stuff to prove to Boston.

MtnMagic

Never thought I'd hear you say so.

Must 've been the elevation gain from Norcross Pond to the summit of Mt Nancy that's affecting me tonight.

Wow!

MtnMagic

Well to tell you the truth, yes it's a steep trail. I'd compare it to Owl's Head.

Yet it went quickly, and easily. Who one is with, and how much fun you're having determines how it goes!

Fun is good!

Life is good !!
:D

ChileMass

Not to worry - the good news is that we can plug in Derek Lowe for Schilling, and the Sox will smack Jon Leiber around tonight. We go back to Boston tied 1-1, which is just what we needed. Sox take 2 out of 3 in Fenway over the weekend, and win it in NY next week.