• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

garfield trekking

livingatcrag

hey I'm heading up to garfield campsite tonight (fri). won't get in there till late, just wondering if there will be space in the shelter.....i figure so cause its late season. also be staying at guyot shelter sat but ill be there early.....what do ya guys think, I don't wanna carry my tent this time.....

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
You should ALWAYS carry shelter with you. There's no guarantee that you'll get shelter space at either place, especially not a Saturday at Guyot. Sometimes groups arrive quite early and stake out all the shelter space. Now, you'll probably get lucky at both places but are you willing to cut your trip short if the shelters are full? You can bring a bivy sack or even a tarp w/ lots of rope, but bring something.

I'd say your chances of getting a free spot at Garfield Ridge tonight at about 90%, for Guyot even if you get there early at about 80%.

-dave-