Bike Rack Recommendations

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bike Rack Recommendations

I just purchased a new car and I'm looking to buy a bike rack. Previously I had a Honda Civic and I had a Yakima roof rack. I tightened down the roof rack a bit much and created a nice indent on the roof. That car was a hatchback and I couldn't use a trunk rack. Now I got a Toyota Corolla sedan and can use a trunk rack. I've been considering the Saris Bones 2-Bike rack. But recently also looked at the Yakima SuperJoe2. Any recommendations?

I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nope.

Thanks, but I'm looking for some feedback from consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    I know that, silly. My point was perhaps there are some gear reviews on the merchant Web sites (I didn't look).
    I ski double black diamonds.

Sorry, no feedback... But I'm curious why you could use one of the rear type racks on your old hatchback? Those racks are adjustable to fit trunks or hatchbacks.

FWIW I've seen a lot of rave reviews for the Saris racks online, can't recall seeing too many, if any, bad reviews. Most folks recommend finding a dealer that'll let you bring the rack out to your car to see how well it fits before committing to buying it...

BTW, next time don't tighten the rack down so much and you won't dent your hood... You animal!
    Brian

I have a KingJoe3... happy with it so far.
    Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Nope.

Does your car have a receiver hitch on it? I bought a hitch mount rack from Performance Bicycle and I really like it. Pro's - the Bikes sit on the rack really tight. Con's - knobs on the clamp seem to take forever to tighten or loosen.

link: http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=4411

Quote Originally Posted by jplynch019 View Post
    Does your car have a receiver hitch on it? I bought a hitch mount rack from Performance Bicycle and I really like it. Pro's - the Bikes sit on the rack really tight. Con's - knobs on the clamp seem to take forever to tighten or loosen.

link: http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=4411
    No, I don't have a hitch or else I would consider one of those. Considered putting a hitch on for that purpose, but that brings the price up.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Sorry, no feedback... But I'm curious why you could use one of the rear type racks on your old hatchback? Those racks are adjustable to fit trunks or hatchbacks.
    The Honda has a little flap that comes over the top of the hatch and I didn't think that would hold up well under the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    BTW, next time don't tighten the rack down so much and you won't dent your hood... You animal!
    Duh, where were you when I was putting the thing on oringinally

Good luck with the rolla. I have one...it's a great car.
    ~Rich~

Thread Information