• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Separate skiing forums by region or state?

Should we create separate skiing forums based on region or state?

• Yes, by region.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, by state.

• No. Leave it the way it is.

• I have another idea (post below).

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
I'm just curious of what folks think about creating separate skiing forums based on region or state. If by region, perhaps we could break it up into Northern and Southern New England and then New York, NJ, PA. We could also retain a General Skiing Forum. As you all know, I lean towards having the minimum number of forums neessary, but if you all think this might be a better approach, I'll consider it. Please vote and feel free to comment in this thread.

Lostone

I'm basically at one mountain. I would think having an area where people have interests would keep threads in those areas interesting for those that are centered around those areas.

I was the one who votes for the state view. As I'm also likely the newest member, perhaps I shouldn't have that much credibility. :-?

RISkier

I voted to leave it as is, but it's a soft vote. My thoughts are that there's not sufficient volume to make a need for separate forums necessary. OTH, state by state forums or regional forum MIGHT attract additional members, if that's something you want.

Greg

Staff member
ChileMass said:
I have some definite feelings on this, but I'll hold off until others put in their feedback.....
No, please post your thoughts. It seems so far that people like it the way it is. Perhaps the situation with the current RSN forums prompted this idea, but I tend to agree with pepperdawg that the amount of activity right now doesn't warrant adding more forums. I'll let this poll run though...

Terry

seperate forums

I think that it would seperate everyone to much. The way it is now, you get different views from different regions. It is also a good way for people to link up on trips from different areas. :beer:

bvibert

Staff member
I think seperating by state would be a good idea if there was alot more traffic... Maybe something to keep in mind for when this place gets busier :)

skijay

Region. I think you will increase the traffic flow, but you should also should select a moderator who is familar with the each region.

Status
Not open for further replies.