• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where do you live?

Where do you live

• ME

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • NH

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • VT

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • MA

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • CT

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • RI

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • NY

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • NJ

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • PA Holla!

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Outside the North East.

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

hammer

MA/NH border...don't like my commute but I'm within 2 hours of a number of NH ski areas and I can take advantage of tax free shopping. :cool:

MRGisevil

I live on the Westfield/ Southwick border (spit and you're in Suffield) and work in Hartford. The good part about my location is the lower taxes/cost of living as apposed to living in CT. The odd part about it (remember, I grew up in places like NYC, DC, Tokyo) is that the definition of "traffic" is, quite literally, to be stuck behind a tobacco tractor on Mountain Road. 6+ years and I'm still not quite used to that one yet...

sledhaulingmedic

Athol, MA - Home to Starrett Tools and not much else. Otherwise a butthole town sandwiched between the north end of the Quabbin and the NH line. Houses are cheap though, and the surrounding hills are really peaceful.

Isn't that where they filmed the Sequel movie to the "Columbo" series staring Peter Falk? I think it was called "Falk in Athol"

Birdman829

I still say that I live in MA but I guess maybe I shouldn't since I spend 8 months a year in VT.

bill2ski

only if I had a row boat ..

Tell the truth,Are you are one of the guys who buys all his beverages in N.H.thereby avoiding sales tax and redemption ?Gov. John Baldacci is offering amnesty if you fess up.
Just send your heartfelt confession with a check for several hundred dollars to the Secretary of State and all will be forgiven:flag: