• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need a quick answer for an item on SAC - GoreTex vs Waterproof Rating of 10K

Grassi21

What is the difference between Goretex and an item that is waterproof rated at 10K.

Greg

Staff member
Sweet! Did you get the camo ones on SAC? ;)

Grassi21

Sweet! Did you get the camo ones on SAC? ;)

Nope. Grabbed the gray hounds-tooth from SAC. If I had solid color jacket I might have pulled the trigger on the camo. I may be short but genetics, weight lifting, and lax have created some muscular legs. I'm looking forward to the loose fit... and the hidden pocket.

Grassi21

What the heck is a fly stash pocket?

Not sure but the combination of sessions, stash, and deep woods safety meetings lured me in. I'll take a pic of my fly stash and post it. :lol: :lol: In any case they are cheaper and appear to be better than the Spyder pair I bought for 70 bucks a few years ago.

SkiDog

I have a fly stash pocket on my sessions, never used it...one thing I hate about the sessions I have is they are firggin NOISY....

M

Grassi21

What the heck is a fly stash pocket?

I think they mean a cool stash pocket

fly=cool or awesome i guess

I was thinking the stash pocket was located in the fly. :lol:

My Sessions just arrived. The fly stash pocket is located in the crotch area. The flap of material that covers the actual zipper/fly has is split in two and has velcro to seal it up. Kinda cool but I don't see myself using it.

Cool pants. The hounds-tooth doesn't look too gaudy. When I do a side by side comparison with my Spyders at home I will decide to keep them or send them back.

wa-loaf

My Sessions just arrived. The fly stash pocket is located in the crotch area. The flap of material that covers the actual zipper/fly has is split in two and has velcro to seal it up. Kinda cool but I don't see myself using it.

Fly stash pocket in the fly. Waddya know. Hope they work out for you.