• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kudos to Atomic

SKIQUATTRO

so my 5yr old Metrons had a wee bit of tail delam from the edges...so i bring them to SnoHaus (LI) who isnt even an Atomic shop and see what they think...they suggested to spend $30 to pay for shipping to and from Atomic and see what happens....so i did.....SnoHaus calls a few days ago to tell me to bring in my boots and bindings because my brand new Atomic replacement skis are in!!!! Great job SnoHaus and Atomic!!!! Great way to run a business, I'm now an Atomic man for life!!

Wow...my first pair of Atomics ever were the 05-06 LT11s...I've been very pleased with them and skied well over 100 days on them..for a modified race ski..they're great in powder, crud, and in the bumps..they're on their last legs due to some cracked edges..they were also my first ever online ski purchase. The Neox binders rock...

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Wow...my first pair of Atomics ever were the 05-06 LT11s...I've been very pleased with them and skied well over 100 days on them..for a modified race ski..they're great in powder, crud, and in the bumps..they're on their last legs due to some cracked edges..they were also my first ever online ski purchase. The Neox binders rock...

Those Neox's are heavy as a rock too, aren't they?

Hawkshot99

Personally, I found the metrons to be very heavy. I did not like them for me. I know a lot of people that do enjoy them though.

He doesn't have the metrons though. The metrons are a heavy ski. They have lots of metal and "stuff" in them that adds the weight up, plus the neox binding. They were a fun ski, but just too much weight for jumping or riding the lifts.

Metron- You can see the metal bars infront of and behind the binding.
atomic%20metron%20b5%202007.jpg

LT11 (This is what GSS has)
imagestore%5Cimage202.jpg

ccskier

I have been riding atomics for about 10 years now. In the past 4 years I have had Metron 8's, 9's and now the Snoop Daddy's. The Metrons do not handle the off-piste beatings that well. My 8's separated from the edge, still usuable. The 9's, blew out the side wall, snapped the edge, took about a 2 inch chunk out of the base. My local shop in VT tried fixing them, blew it back out 2 days later, waste of $75. I should look into sending a pair back and see what happens. Do you have the shipping address, it is worth the shot.

The Snoop's are awesome, handle anything I throw at them off-trail. Do not handle high speeds and turns as the others, but that is not what they are made for.

SKIQUATTRO

the M10 are a very heavy ski, thats why SNO Haus wont carry them, they figure they are just too heavy for the avg skiier...personally, i like a heavier ski, i feel it busts through eastern crud without getting tossed around, but talk about leg burn on bumps!!!! Bring your skis to a shop and let them handle it....atomic will be more inclinded to work with a shop than an individual