• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone News & Featured Articles!

AlpineZone News

Skiing News
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Today, I'm pleased to announce the release of a new addition to AlpineZone.com - News & Featured Articles! This "News Portal" is driven by the new News & Featured Articles forum. Feel free to provide feedback on these news items and articles in this forum.

If you are interested in submitting an article for review, click on the Usergroups link in the forum menu. Select the "Contributing Authors" Usergroup and click the "View Information" button. From the "Contributing Authors" Usergroup page, click the "Join Group" button.

Your username will then be added to the "Contributing Authors" Usergroup. This will give you access to a private forum where you can submit your news item or featured article as a new topic. Once approved, your topic will be moved to the News & Featured Articles forum which will make it visible on the News & Featured Articles portal!

I expect this to be an exciting new addition to the AlpineZone.com Web site and forums. Feedback or questions are welcome.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
greg-

i don't think it's working, here's what i got when clicking the link:

We couldn't find the RSS file you asked for http://news.alpinezone.com/rss.php
Suggestions:

* - If you got here by clicking on an "Add to My" button, please notify the referring site's webmaster.
* - If you entered the URL yourself, please check that the URL is correct and points to a valid RSS file.

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
greg-

i don't think it's working, here's what i got when clicking the link:

We couldn't find the RSS file you asked for http://news.alpinezone.com/rss.php
Suggestions:

* - If you got here by clicking on an "Add to My" button, please notify the referring site's webmaster.
* - If you entered the URL yourself, please check that the URL is correct and points to a valid RSS file.
Weird. It works fine on my end, both in IE and Firefox. If you click on the RSS URL ( http://news.alpinezone.com/rss.php ), does it pull up the XML file as expected? I was monkeying with the news section around the time you posted this so perhaps that caused a problem. Can you try it now?

bvibert

Staff member
I already had it setup, but I tried the link above anyway and it seemed to work as expected...

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
i'm on firefox, probably an issue on yahoo's end. i'll try again and report back the results. XML pulls up fine.
Provided you're cookied into you My Yahoo! page, it should be pretty seamless - a two-click process. Yes, please let me know how you make out. Thanks!

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
just added it! not sure what the problem was before...
Again, I was messing with the news section the last time you tried it. I'm guessing that was the problem. Anyway, glad it works now. Please let me know if you have any other problems.

Greg

Staff member
Just a quick update here that I made a small enhancement to the News portal that will mark articles that are less than 24 hours old as "New" so it's easier to keep track of recent ones. Also, on the rest of the site, the newer headlines in the left border are marked with an orange icon; ones older than 24 hours old have a white icon.