• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington: the Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcharron

Obviously, I don't have access to those numbers, but there are many things they could do to make early openings and late closings more economical. The only guns (K3000's) they have that can blow snow in marginal temps are horribly inefficient, if they switched over to Ratnik guns it would cost about 25% of what it does now.

They could move the late closing to be back on Downdraft, as it's much narrower (which means less snow required), and holds snow much better than Superstar does.

Lifts that run every day:

I meant, which ones COULD be closed, not what they've actually done.

millerm277

I meant, which ones COULD be closed, not what they've actually done.

The North Ridge/Glades triple could be closed, all it's terrain is served by the K1, and it's usually empty midweek.

You could also close the Superstar Quad, although it would make some things a bit inconvenient (especially if you're coming off the Snowshed Crossover), you can access almost all of it's terrain from multiple other lifts.

Other than that, there's nothing they can close without losing a lot of terrain. (Sunrise triple is required to run, so it can't be closed).

gregnye

Bump. Quick history lesson for our new members.

...Bringing in a grand total of 3 Killington related threads on the first page of alpinezone today!! :spin:

No need for me to do research anymore, I get all the Killington history right here on alpinezone!

You guys gotta start a museum! :spin:

Highway Star

...Bringing in a grand total of 3 Killington related threads on the first page of alpinezone today!! :spin:

No need for me to do research anymore, I get all the Killington history right here on alpinezone!

Tons of history here. Check out K-zone too.

wa-loaf

1/2 the Killington threads are filled with posts complaining about Killington threads.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
There is no need to bump a 3 year old thread so there is more of this on the site. Seriously.

If you want to reference this thread, just put a link in one of your existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.