• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need some constructive advice on new ski purchase

tjf67

I'm looking for a good ski to complement my Rossi B-1s. Something to use on soft snow and powder that would be good in the trees and to take out west a couple of times a year. Right now I'm trying to decide between K2 Apache Recons, Rossi B-2s, Volkl AC30s and Dynastar 8000s. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

The apache recons are pretty good. I dont think I would get them for a powder ski. I have them and have nothing bad to say.

Go for something fatter under foot. High 80's low 90's

bigbog

I am waiting for my newest purchase to arrive..the Fischer Porohetes! :) 106 under foot!!! woohooooooooooooooooooo
I'm gonna be somewhere in that vicinity;-)....if/when the real thing hits the River...all of us with something other than a race ski...should show up for a Fat Day or something...

$.01
Steve