• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Used K2 Pontoons with bindings on Teton Gravity...

SkiDog

(although i have seen it pour in utah in the middle of winter, but that is pretty rare)

Where and what time of year???? Maybe in the valley, but i doubt you've seen rain atop Snowbird in the middle of winter...it just doesnt happen (RARELY).

M

deadheadskier

Staff member
Dude I grew up skiing the east coast my entire life (still have a condo at Killington)...skied Jay many times...in fact I ski here in Utah with an ex jay patroller....YOU CANNOT COMPARE THE TWO.....Jay gets snow..yes, but NOTHING like Utah bro...no comparison....Not to mention even in a CRAPPY snow season like last year..I was still getting 20"+ pow days on May 16 2007.....I've also already skied 15" of fresh this year on October 6th....

You skiing Jay on your pontoons yet???? Good luck..I think the pontoons are even overkill for much out here......I can't justify a ski that costs that much for the 3 days a year it would get used EVEN in Utah blower...

M

I never said, nor would I ever say, that Jay's snow was better than Utah, nor did I really compare the two. I did say that Jay gets more snow than Aspen - which is a fact. I pointed out one winter where Jay got more than Alta. Did I say the quality was better? NO

I and plenty of the locals at Stowe / Jay / Northern VT, ride skis of pontoon width MANY times in an average year. I don't so much now that I ski primarily in Maine, but back in Stowe I'm sure I still would. Many of my good friends still do.

For the LAST F'N TIME all I was saying is that folks who claim that there is no use for 120+ mm waiste width skis on the east coast are ignorant - that is all.

comprende dude? good

SkiDog

I never said, nor would I ever say, that Jay's snow was better than Utah, nor did I really compare the two. I did say that Jay gets more snow than Aspen - which is a fact. I pointed out one winter where Jay got more than Alta. Did I say the quality was better? NO

I and plenty of the locals at Stowe / Jay / Northern VT, ride skis of pontoon width MANY times in an average year. I don't so much now that I ski primarily in Maine, but back in Stowe I'm sure I still would. Many of my good friends still do.

For the LAST F'N TIME all I was saying is that folks who claim that there is no use for 120+ mm waiste width skis on the east coast are ignorant - that is all.

comprende dude? good

I agree that 120mm+ is NOT USELESS on the east coast...though I might argue that REVERSE CAMBER IS more or less useless there...as it is here I think....but thats just MHO.....no issues with you or what you said...just commenting....its all good...we all want the same thing...SNOW and plenty of it.

M

snoseek

Where and what time of year???? Maybe in the valley, but i doubt you've seen rain atop Snowbird in the middle of winter...it just doesnt happen (RARELY).

M

december 22 about 10 years ago at alta. i really poured, followed by cold, it was as firm as any snow i have ever seen in my life. a few days later it dumped big (like 2+ feet), and we still hit nasty stuff on the bottom. this was a freaky event, never to be repeated in my 3 year stay. there were some pretty big storms that year, but what else is new in utah.