• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If It's Open, Mount Snow Gathering for 11/12?

Zand

I agree with the top of the Summit Triple. Greg said top of the Canyon Quad, but that will probably be packed considering that'll be the only trail open on that side. Summit Triple will be easy... right next to the Summit Quad for everyone to just ski over to.

How about more like 10:30 or 11 just in case some are late? Or a second meeting time?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I'm in Monday and maybe there Sunday:

az1011.thumb.jpg

Probably black or green jacket, but same pretty face. :lol:

Greg

Staff member
It's ON!

I'm probably in... You guys want to meet somewhere? 10am around the Summit Triple?

I agree with the top of the Summit Triple. Greg said top of the Canyon Quad, but that will probably be packed considering that'll be the only trail open on that side. Summit Triple will be easy... right next to the Summit Quad for everyone to just ski over to.

How about more like 10:30 or 11 just in case some are late? Or a second meeting time?

They're opening tomorrow for sure so let's pin this down for Monday. I think the top of the Canyon Quad by the cliff is really the best spot. It only take a few minutes to get up there and the cliff is hard to miss:

normal_PB250055.JPG

I doubt it will be so crowded that we'll all miss each other. I really don't have that much of a preference though so if you guys think by the Summit Local (base of the summit triple) is best, we'll do that. Let's do one meet-up time at 10:30 am. I think I'm one of the ones getting there later so if I miss the group, I'll find you. I know more than half the group plus I can call one of you. Here's the list so far:

Zand
ALLSKIING
Greg
bvibert
JimG.
andyzee & Vee
powhunter
awf170
2knees
Marc
Grassi21
skibum9995
Newpylong

roark?
MichaelJ?
GrilledSteezeSandwich?

Everyone confirm. I'm IN!!!!

Greg

Staff member

Looks like it's just me and you, Chris! The forecast looks awesome between now and then:

Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. East wind around 7 mph.

Tonight: Cloudy, with a low around 24. East wind between 6 and 11 mph.

Saturday: Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 41. North wind between 6 and 10 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 15. North wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Veterans Day: Sunny, with a high near 39. North wind between 5 and 9 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.

Hoping for Chute and River Run as well given those temps.

Greg

Staff member
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday..not Monday

Bummer. Oh well, your loss - Monday will certainly be the best of the three. ;)

Have fun and keep us updated; although we'll probably all already be there by the time you post a TR.

Grassi21

Have fun and keep us updated; although we'll probably all already be there by the time you post a TR.

Steezy promised a TR Sunday night when he gets back....

Greg

Staff member
Meeting Place/time

I'm in!!!

10:30 at the top of chute, got it!

Chute? Okay - I'm going to make an executive decision here because there are a lot of different meeting spots being thrown around.

We will meet at the base of the Summit Local (summit triple which will not be turning) at 10:30 am on Monday morning. From there we can head over to the summit quad.

Well my buddy whose coming with me has an Iphone so maybe I'll post a trip report from up there...if not..I'll post a TR Sunday night when I get back..

I get out of work at noon and I'm picking my buddy up at 2:00PM...I really hope to make it through NJ before the heavy rush hour traffic starts..and then we're staying in Bennington.

2knees

Chute? Okay - I'm going to make an executive decision here because there are a lot of different meeting spots being thrown around.

We will meet at the base of the Summit Local (summit triple which will not be turning) at 10:30 am on Monday morning. From there we can head over to the summit quad.

SO 9:30 at the base of the challenger triple. Got it.