• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's good in the NEK

skibum1321

I'm going up to the Northeast Kingdom this weekend (staying near Burke). I was originally supposed to go biking at Kingdom Trails, but that fell through so I will now be hiking.
What are some good hikes in the area? I am preferably looking for rather long day hikes.

kingdom-tele

obviously there is burke mtn

longer day hikes would suggest a willoughby loop, you can link mnt pisgah, haysatck, and bald, start south end pisgah over summit to long pond trail, long poond trail to road(long pond fish access) to haystack, you can either summit haystack and reverse or loop it by hiking right over the top, take road back to bald mtn trail and head up, only problem with any of the loops and connectors is getting back to the car if you are solo, I would recommend parking at the bald trail lot, riding to south pisgah trail satsh the bike int he woods and go

you can always just head out KT trails toward victory bog too

more gentle day hike loop would be going up mt hor and linking to wheeler mtn and wheeler pond trails, smaller summits but great woods and views, although doesn't sound like this weekend will be all that great for long range views

check out day hikers guide to vermont for trail details and mileage

have fun