• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Seasonal weather pattern is changing....

Greg

Staff member
My house faces almost exactly Northeast and the front of the house is getting blasted by the rain tonight. Haven't heard that sound since last ski season and what a sweet sound it is!

ajl50

Don't get too excited...sorry dude...we'll stay above average through november...but like all patterns that will change and we'll get a very nice start to winter...not like last year...

Greg

Staff member
Don't get too excited...sorry dude...we'll stay above average through november...but like all patterns that will change and we'll get a very nice start to winter...not like last year...

Gee, killjoy, thanks for taking the wind out of my sail... ;)

All I'm saying is, this storm is a lot better than the summer-like weather we had last week.

ajl50

Oh I totally agree. I was cold today and loved it. I'm just saying...better to have reasonable expectations than to be let down. I think we all remember last winter's start. Freezing october followed by shorts weather from november to jan.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Gee, killjoy, thanks for taking the wind out of my sail... ;)

All I'm saying is, this storm is a lot better than the summer-like weather we had last week.
You actually said it was a weather pattern change, not just that the weather is better ;) The killjoy was right, as much of a downer as reality is, this is only a temporary blast of cold coming down from the northern parts. We'll have to hold out a while longer for the real deal.

Wow after some vodka, whisky, and beer at the local bar..it was so cold when I emerged...wowser..no more 90 degree days..Holla..there could be skiing somewhere in NY or VT by Thanksgiving..that's what matters to me..woo hoo

tcharron

My house faces almost exactly Northeast and the front of the house is getting blasted by the rain tonight. Haven't heard that sound since last ski season and what a sweet sound it is!

Time to temp Ullr..

"No way would he have the bawls to make us change the color from green this early!"

:snow:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Think I can take the window air conditioner out now?
Nah... we usually leave ours in until the end of October. Just in case. ;)

I wish it was a permanent change in the season already but probably it is not. And as much as I want the snow here, I'm not eager for the heating bills either. It will come, in due time... :snow:

Think I can take the window air conditioner out now?

Same here..it was frigid this morning when I woke up...Tomorrow morning I'm playing golf and it's going to be in the upper 30s or lower 40s...Snowmaking temperatures in the long range 7-14 days out for the North Country...woo hoo..now I need to finish getting ready for 07-08

hammer

It is. It's finally fall.
I tend to agree...the long-range forecasts are finally showing temps near average for this time of the year.

People with gardens must like this, though...still don't see any real threat of a frost. :-?

Birdman829

Only temporary. Ullr doesn't have the stones to hit us with 6 months of prolonged cold and snow. But seriously it is cold and rainy as a bugger out there right now. Finally feels like some seasonal weather.

bvibert

Staff member
It's certainly cold and fall like here today, but it's supposed to be back in the 70's again later this week.. :roll: