• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow in the Mountains

JPTracker

Saw this on the NECN weather forecast this morning. Sugarloaf had snow on the upper elevations.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
I got word that Cannon had snow as well on the top this AM. None in the Greens yet...sorry...

Saw this on the NECN weather forecast this morning. Sugarloaf had snow on the upper elevations.

Awesome...where I played golf today had a short frost delay although I didn't see any frost and tonight is going to be even colder..bring on winter..

awf170

Hopefully there will be a bunch more tomorrow. From the looks of it there will be. Still not enough to ski on though. Darn.

takeahike46er

Whiteface appeared to have a touch of snow or rime ice above 4000 ft. as of this morning when I drove by it.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Well, not to rub it in, but here's the A-Basin forecast for tonight through tomorrow night:

NWS said:
Overnight: Rain and snow showers likely before midnight, then occasional snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 18. North northwest wind between 5 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Sunday: Occasional snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 26. North northwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. North northwest wind between 8 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

tcharron

Last night on the way back from the movie at Whaleback, it was sleeting/wet snowing out for a few minutes on I-89.

Breeze

Mt Washington was taking a hit today. Snowing hard ( squally all day ) with high winds, freezing fog, and rime.

Might be some pretty pictures on the Webcam network at http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/ to look at when the clouds give way.

Wildcat had some some sugar above tower 19 today. Upper Polecat was ultra-bright white at the S turns. There was visible dusting/rime as low as the Comp shack at the top of Bobcat.

Not to get anyone's knickers in a twist, its just the teaser.

Breeze