• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What do you do with your poles on the chair?

tcharron

I throw mine at snowboarders, Yankees fans, and [ political reference removed by Moderator ] ...the rest of the time I just hold them.

I'm not really sure I'd call it a throw, as much as a carefully aimed 'bombs away!' release while on the lift tho...

You'd think they'd learn to move out of the way when the guy on the lift is making a whistling sound from high pitch to low..

cbcbd

I use straps so they're hanging from my wrists. If I need to get something out of a pocket I just put both hanging from one wrist and use the other hand.

bvibert

Staff member
I like to try and throw mine into the guide sheaves. They turn into all sorts of neat shapes if you get em in there just right. You just need to make sure that you take off your straps first! :eek:

hammer

Right under my butt then I lower the safety bar carefully so that the poles don't get hit and bent.
Might as well bump this one today...

I try to position them so that I can sit on them...drives the spouse nuts when we load and unload, she always wonders why I don't just hold them.

jimmywilson69

I often times let them dangle but I learned my lesson at earlier this year when I forgot about a mid station... bent the bottom sections of my black diamond flicklock traverse poles.

Now I sit on them.

gmcunni

sitonitfonzbutton.jpg

2knees

I wanna know what other topics greg didnt post about before he settled on this one.

Hawkshot99

Leave them on my wrists, and let them hang.

Im a rebal that defies the "remove pole straps" sign:lol::spread:

Never dropped a pole leaving them on.

I have changed my ways. I now use Leki poles with the quick release straps. I remove my poles, and sit on them. I prefer them to be under my left thigh, as long as there is not a footrest that will hit them. If the footrest will hit them, I adjust accordingly.