• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How low can YOU go?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
So what about my point of radiant floor heating, Marc, isn't it the most energy efficient these days?

In my opinion, yes, in floor heating is the best means of energy distribution in that it can be carefully controlled when installed, and generally creates a gradient such that higher temperatures are obtained near the floor, closer to where it is desirable. Also, lower water temperatures are required decreasing transport losses. All these characteristics, assuming the system is well designed, would lead me to believe it creates fewer losses than radiant baseboard, steam, forced hot air or radiator distribution does.

So do I get a gold star or not Marc? I tried reading your responce, but only got lost.

Yes. At least you were thinking about it. For that you get a gold star, obtainable by making koreshot fall over at the next AZ outting, with me present and looking on.

Hawkshot99

Yes. At least you were thinking about it. For that you get a gold star, obtainable by making koreshot fall over at the next AZ outting, with me present and looking on.

Are you crazy!tuck in siberia!:)? From everything I have heard he is a crazy Russian. I dont want to end up s

Rushski

When it warmed up outside a couple days ago, my house was actually quite a bit cooler to my wife's chagrin. My house is pretty tight so it keeps it cool or warm depending on what is done inside - heating or cooking.

Usually keep it around 62 or so in the Winter, except for our main bathroom which we keep at a much warmer 64.

We have electric radiant heating in the ceiling, which can get fairly expensive. It actually works better than people would think and with NH give a solid discount if another heating source is available helps to probably keep my heating cheaper than oil or gas. Of course using the wood stove helps that matter...

bvibert

Staff member
I was wishing I hadn't taken the AC unit out of the bedroom window already last night. It was down right warm and muggy in there! :eek: I'm ready for the cold to come back.... please????

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I was wishing I hadn't taken the AC unit out of the bedroom window already last night. It was down right warm and muggy in there! :eek: I'm ready for the cold to come back.... please????

Yeah, I had to turn my AC on last night too..after trying to goto bed without it...I finally succumbed around midnight after having to change my t-shirt from sweating it up. (even with the ceiling fan going).

awf170

Still going strong. Anyone else? It is 31 degrees outside but yet it is still 75 in here. I can't even imagine how high the heat is in the unit below me. Last night was actually the first night I didn't keep the window open.

Hawkshot99

I went into work today and the temp was around 50. I cranked on the heat there. Felt nice, mostly because I dont pay the heating bill.:lol:

ccskier

Had a scare this morning. Woke up, noticed it was chilly, took shower came downstairs, heat busted. How was 59. Thought system had crapped out, luckily it was a few hundred instead of 4k.

Terry

I guess I am a wimp. I like it warm in the house. I don't like to have to bundle up at night in the house! We keep it at 68 - 70 when we are up, turn it down to about 64 at night. Have a wood hot air furnace that is thermostatically controlled. I have already paid for the winters heat in advance and plan to use it as needed. I also have oil heat for a backup if needed. I will run the oil in the spring and fall because the wood furnace gets to hot on days when it warms up during the day.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Yeah, I had to (felt guilty with the baby, she is almost 17 months now) turn it on Sunday morning. It got down to 59.

Yeah, same thing happened to me, except instead of a baby it was 5 gallons of homemade beer. Mines holding steady at 60F now.

MRGisevil

We filled our oil tank less than halfway (100gallons) on Saturday and it cost $294.00. I have a feeling that we will be seeing just how low we can go this winter. That, or ye olde x-mas bonus goes to a pellet stove.