• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's Go Celtics!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Anyone else pumped up for the hoops season? I've been a die hard Celtics fan since watching Larry Bird with my father as a kid.

Here's to hoping the New Big Three can hang Banner 17 from the rafters in the new Gahden.

FRITOLAYGUY

Im a big Celts fan, not much to cheer for the last 5yrs, they smoked the Knicks by 40 last night, then again it didnt count. It would be nice if they could go say 50-32.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm thinking more 60 and 22. I wouldn't have said that a month ago when the trade first happened. I figured 50 wins would be all that could be expected first year until the 'new big three' gelled. I know it's only pre-season, but they are showing a helluva a lot of chemistry for the short time they've been together.

The Celts are gonna be NASTY this year

FRITOLAYGUY

I'm thinking more 60 and 22. I wouldn't have said that a month ago when the trade first happened. I figured 50 wins would be all that could be expected first year until the 'new big three' gelled. I know it's only pre-season, but they are showing a helluva a lot of chemistry for the short time they've been together.

The Celts are gonna be NASTY this year

lol ok 60 is a bit of a stretch, 50 would be nice. The only teams that might win 60 are all in the west..

Rushski

Celts can realistically win 50 this year. But, don't think ANY Eastern team can beat two or three of the Western Conference teams.

But it will be nice to actually be able to watch a Celts game and not get mortally depressed. Especially on top of hoping for the Sox to continue and watching the Pats dominate!!!

Great time to be a Boston sports fan. Bruins - who cares (management is killing them-obviously).

FRITOLAYGUY

Its amazing that in the NFL, MLB, and NBA there is a far superior conference and its not even close.. in baseball its the AL, football the AFC and basketball the Western Conference.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I watched them lose to the Knicks last night.

Any team losing to the Knicks has no hope of reaching 50 wins.

Sorry.

That was pre-season. I put about as much stock in that loss as I did in the win by 40 against the same Knicks last week.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I watched them lose to the Knicks last night.

Any team losing to the Knicks has no hope of reaching 50 wins.

Sorry.

Still feel this way?

6 and 0 Baby. Barring injuries, I don't think it's unrealistic at all for the C's to get 60 wins if you've seen how they're playing the game. Great defense, fantastic passing.....beating teams quite handedly.

Hopefully 7 and 0 after tonights home game vs the Nets!

FRITOLAYGUY

They are playing real well im even surprised and im a Celtics fan. Im interested to see how they respond after say a 2 or 3 game losing streak, those things happen over 82games its just the facts.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yup..the Knicks suck...again. The Celtic's have bought themselves, on paper, a good team. I think without a doubt they will be one of the contenders for the championship. If they don't get 50 wins, which I think they will, Doc's job has to be on the line.

I'm going to assume you're a Knicks fan....could be wrong. When you say the Celtics 'bought' a good team....you may not mean it, but it comes across as how the Yankees lately have tried to 'buy' championships. If I'm right in assuming your dedication to the Knicks, I hope you do realize that they have a payroll of nearly 110 mil, tens of millions more than the second spender AND they're paying over 80 mil on top of that out to players and coaches they've cut to make room on the roster for new ones.

that all said, Celtics, 7 and 0 with 6 of 7 wins accomplished in convincing fashion. Gotta love these C's!!!!

Rushski

Definitely nice to be able to acknowledge another GREAT Boston sports team!!!

NY teams suck...

Zand

That was a little dramatic right there...

8-0 but damn I thought we were back to 06-07 for a few minutes there...

deadheadskier

Staff member
sucked in the fourth quarter for sure......but hung on, 8 and 0 baby.

What I'm wondering is what does this team have to do to convince Fritolay that they are a 'great' team? I guess win a championship and as excited as I am with this team, it's all for not if they don't take home the title. That's Patriots mentality right there and what motivates that team every week. Hopefully the Celtics find the same motivation.

FRITOLAYGUY

sucked in the fourth quarter for sure......but hung on, 8 and 0 baby.

What I'm wondering is what does this team have to do to convince Fritolay that they are a 'great' team? I guess win a championship and as excited as I am with this team, it's all for not if they don't take home the title. That's Patriots mentality right there and what motivates that team every week. Hopefully the Celtics find the same motivation.

Hey im a huge celtics fan but after the last 5yrs i need to see this longterm, Sunday will be a good test at Orlando.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I'm going to assume you're a Knicks fan....could be wrong. When you say the Celtics 'bought' a good team....you may not mean it, but it comes across as how the Yankees lately have tried to 'buy' championships. If I'm right in assuming your dedication to the Knicks, I hope you do realize that they have a payroll of nearly 110 mil, tens of millions more than the second spender AND they're paying over 80 mil on top of that out to players and coaches they've cut to make room on the roster for new ones.

that all said, Celtics, 7 and 0 with 6 of 7 wins accomplished in convincing fashion. Gotta love these C's!!!!

Chill dhs

I am a Knick fan but I don't dislike any of the other teams, since I have a place a few miles from you I have come to like the Boston teams. Me and the kids have seen the Pirates at CCCC several times and even the Sea Dogs a few times. The Celtics went out and brought in some awesome talent. They bought the new players vs drafting them out of college. All the teams in every major team sport do it, don't be so sensitive.

I agree it does take more than a couple of weeks before you can justify calling the new Celtics a "great" team. Alot can happen between now and the playoffs.

FRITOLAYGUY

Well the Celts finally lost, they missed easy shots down the stretch and probably should have won, good 2nd half comeback though, cant win em all.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Chill dhs

I am a Knick fan but I don't dislike any of the other teams, since I have a place a few miles from you I have come to like the Boston teams. Me and the kids have seen the Pirates at CCCC several times and even the Sea Dogs a few times. The Celtics went out and brought in some awesome talent. They bought the new players vs drafting them out of college. All the teams in every major team sport do it, don't be so sensitive.

I agree it does take more than a couple of weeks before you can justify calling the new Celtics a "great" team. Alot can happen between now and the playoffs.

No need for me chill, I was stating the obvious. Do I think most teams 'buy' their squad? Sure I do. I'm a Red Sox fan, different sport, but certainly the most guilty out there next to the yankees in 'buying' a championship. I read what you wrote and simply pointed out that the Knicks, WAY more than any other team has tried to buy a team over the past 15 years. If there wasn't a salary cap and luxory tax implications, they'd certainly spend like the Yanks do. There isn't a team in the league that's got 10 mil in cut salaries to clear roster spots. The Knicks are in it for 80 mil in that fashion.

I don't view basketball in the same light as I do baseball in terms of 'buying' a team. If the Celtics didn't draft well over the past several years there is no way they can bring in Allen and KG. For the last two years teams have been trying to acquire KG. If it was all about money it would be easy to do, but the collective bargaining agreement prevents that. Boston finally had the players and equal salaries to get the deal done.

If you took my comments as being over sensitive and defensive......they weren't. I just viewed your comments as the pot calling the kettle black times ten. That's all. If there is one team in the league that truly has tried to 'buy' a squad, it's the Knicks head and shoulders above all others.

As for tonights game. Tough loss. That Tony Allen missed layup in the final two minutes was the real killer. I also thought Pierce's three at the end was a very bad play. He had enough time to drive and draw a foul. That was the better choice. When you're down by 2 with 7 seconds left, the goal should be overtime, not sinking a game winning three. Poor choice by the captain.

All and all an impressive short falling comeback being down by 20. Orlando is a damn tough team and I'm not suprised we lost there on the road. Since the start of pre-season, I've had them ranked as a top four squad in the east. Hopefully the next few days allows the boys to rest, especially Ray Allen. Best shooter in the game hasn't been able to hit the side of a barn for the past four.