• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mild winter seen ahead

MikeTrainor

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/10/mild_winter_see.html

Looks kind of like last year:

Reeves said that after a mild October, the weather will turn noticeably cooler in November. Then the weather will turn relatively warm again in January and early February.

"During the heart of this cold weather season ... we are going to be looking at the greatest departures from normal temperatures to the warm side," he said, noting that colder temperatures will return in late February and March.

koreshot

Man, I hope these people are off on this one. Wouldn't be the first time forecasters got the weather wrong - especially the long term forecasts.

And for the NE businesses that rely on the cold and snow, hopefully at least the holiday season will be cold. I don't know if too many little guys can survive another crappy early season.

kingdom-tele

wait , let me get this straight, so they are now saying its going to be warm and cold, you mean to tell me that the temps might be variable - well, this is a revalation, what would we do without long range forecasts

Time to check the 100 percent accurate Accuweather 15 day forecast to see if there are any snowmaking temps around Halloween..

kingslug

Considering that most weather predictions are good for about 45 minutes (what pilots rely on) I wouldn't bother with long range forecasts. Take last April for instance, anyone predict that?

Greg

Staff member
Here come the doom and gloomers...

Guess what? We all will likely be skiing by December, some of us in November. I don't buy into any long term forecasts.

awf170

Here come the doom and gloomers...

Guess what? We all will likely be skiing by December, some of us in November. I don't buy into any long term forecasts.

I want October. I want October. (Insert childish stamping icon)

I still have hope for next weekend...