• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A big fat turkey...

dmc

Just walked though my yard... I wonder if it's fat for a hard winter..?
It looked mighty tastey...

ctenidae

No - not 22 shotguns... I have a 22 rifle.. :)

That's what's so core- turkey hunting with a .22

I've been boar hunting with a .22, and that's got an element of danger because of the lack of stopping power, but shooting a turkey with a .22 is just plain hard.

RISkier

We've had a few in the neighborhood of late. It's amazing how unafraid they become when nobody is hunting them. Had one in our yard one that was HUGE. He was no more than 20 feet from the house and really not scared of me at all (he probably could have taken me if it came to that). I did find myself wondering how "wild" turkey would taste on thanksgiving.

Grassi21

We had 4 in our yard on Wednesday. When the dogs notice them they bark like crazy. The turkeys freak out and try to figure out how to get out of the fenced in yard that they got themselves into. We aren't cruel, we keep the dogs inside until the turkeys find their way over the fence.

Mildcat

We had 4 in our yard on Wednesday. When the dogs notice them they bark like crazy. The turkeys freak out and try to figure out how to get out of the fenced in yard that they got themselves into. We aren't cruel, we keep the dogs inside until the turkeys find their way over the fence.

The dogs might find that cruel. :lol:

Grassi21

The dogs might find that cruel. :lol:

I open the door when they spot a squirrel. They have never come close to getting one of those little guys. Now a turkey, that's easy pickins.

dmc

That's what's so core- turkey hunting with a .22

I've been boar hunting with a .22, and that's got an element of danger because of the lack of stopping power, but shooting a turkey with a .22 is just plain hard.

I dont shoot turkeys with my .22 - I'd use a shotgun..

Haven't seen the turkey since the creek rose..