• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dynastar Contact XT 11

Edd

Anyone familiar with these? They're not exactly the same as the Contact 11s (no XT) you normally see advertised. The sidecut is different but the descriptions of their capabilities are similar. I notice the skis on this link are a 2006 model. Were they replaced with a non-XT model? What does XT mean? These skis come with bindings and the price is decent but I feel like I'm missing something here.

http://www.skis.com/product/58223/D...%27s+Skis+w%2F+Integrated+Binding+System#tab1

Birdman829

I think that the XT is a typo. My godfather has a pair of those in his quiver and on the topsheet it says "ST 11" which is a regular Contact 11. The dimensions in your link are the dimensions of an 05/06 Contact 11. The 06/07 Contact 11 was wider by about 4mm. Contact 11s and older Skicross 10s are great groomer rippers.