Legit Gear Swap Forum

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Legit Gear Swap Forum

    I think we need a legit gear swap forum. I know there is a gear forum, but we should set something up for getting rid of all gear/buying all types of gear; be it skis, binders, helmets, gloves, poles, etc.

    Every other ski forum has a dedicated gear swap, why are we lagging?

    If I'm wrong and just can't find it, call me an ahole and point me in the right direction.

    Seems like this forum is lacking compared to epic and TGR in that regard.



    Is it just due to site traffic?

  2. #2
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    26,271
    Items for Sale
    We actually only added the Gear Forum a couple years ago, and it has slowly gained in popularity. That said, there have been some purchases and sales on that board.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  3. #3
    Yes, there have been some, but I suspect it would happen more if there was a dedicated gear swap. Tough for people to sell their gear when their thread gets hidden between forum topics like "post pics of your quiver" and announcements for sales on gear. Tough to wade through all that if you just wanna buy or sell something. Not to mention, it almost seems as if some people are trying to sell for profit. Just IMO.

  4. #4
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by prisnah View Post
    Yes, there have been some, but I suspect it would happen more if there was a dedicated gear swap.
    I'm a firm believer in creating an additional forum if the need is there, not creating one hoping to increase the need. With that said, I don't think there are enough threads like this to warrant a separate forum.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm a firm believer in creating an additional forum if the need is there, not creating one hoping to increase the need. With that said, I don't think there are enough threads like this to warrant a separate forum.
    I don't have a stance on creating a forum or not But personally, I would encourage regular AZers to post items for sale. I know almost all of you guys are ahead of me on the learning curve. I would consider buying up some used gear as I try to catch up. The thing that bugs me is when random people sign up for AZ for the sole purpose selling chit.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

    Namaste you guys!

  6. #6
    Fair enuff. You have swayed me, although I do think more AZer's should be selling gear here. Everyone goes to gear swaps on this forum it seems, and I've always found much better deals through forums, plus you don't hafta deal with crowds and getting there crazy early before everything is gone.

    Oh well, just a thought, figured I'd throw it out there. Maybe one of these days enough AZer's will be selling gear on forum to justify the creation of a dedicated gear swap.

    Thanks for entertaining my idea however.

  7. #7
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by prisnah View Post
    Thanks for entertaining my idea however.
    Absolutely! Thanks for the suggestion. Many early AZers helped shape the forums/site with their ideas so I'm always open to suggestions.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  8. #8
    Trekchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reno - North Lake Tahoe
    Posts
    3,131
    If you have a real desire to do this, I'd be happy to share(privately) some of the hurdles we jumped on Epic in the Gear Swap.

  9. #9
    bigbog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bangor and the state's woodlands
    Posts
    4,777
    Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    I don't have a stance on creating a forum or not But personally, I would encourage regular AZers to post items for sale. I know almost all of you guys are ahead of me on the learning curve. I would consider buying up some used gear as I try to catch up. The thing that bugs me is when random people sign up for AZ for the sole purpose selling chit.
    Isn't that precisely why one should be created....to keep any foreigner's profiteering in its own forum....not in the middle of outdoor subject-related stuff...?? *Ditto Grassi21, not a biggie either way with me....

    $.01
    Last edited by bigbog; Feb 4, 2008 at 12:04 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Isn't that precisely why one should be created....to keep any foreigner's profiteering in its own forum....not in the middle of outdoor subject-related stuff...??

    $.01
    I'm not for or against it. I just want some nice second hand gear.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

    Namaste you guys!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:16 AM.