trail maps

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trail maps

trail maps

So what do you do with em??? I always take a fresh, crisp, new trail map when leaving a resort (if its the first time there) then frame it and hang it in the basement. I must have 30 or so right now hanging with some more to be framed....everyone who comes down there loves it....they look around, find a mountain they skiied and the rest of the night is spent talking skiing (with a few beers of course!!!)

updownupdownupdownupdown

Quote Originally Posted by SKIQUATTRO View Post
    So what do you do with em??? I always take a fresh, crisp, new trail map when leaving a resort (if its the first time there) then frame it and hang it in the basement. I must have 30 or so right now hanging with some more to be framed....everyone who comes down there loves it....they look around, find a mountain they skiied and the rest of the night is spent talking skiing (with a few beers of course!!!)
    I always grab a bunch of them so I have a non ripped / wrinkled one to keep as a souvenier. Right now I have the stack sitting in a drawer. Trail maps are the best souveier you can get when visiting a ski area IMO and the best part is that they're free.
    I'm ready for what's next

I had two pretty good sized boxes absolutely filled with trail maps. Stuff from middle school and high school. I would guess i probably had 75% or so of all n.e. ski areas collected. Really cool stuff. didnt think about them for years until someone brought up a thread like this a couple of years ago. I went back to my parents house looking for them and found out my mother threw them all out. Man i wish i held onto them. It would be like a baseball card collection. Everytime someone brings up trail maps, i cringe thinking about what i lost.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by PA Ridge Racer View Post
    I always grab a bunch of them so I have a non ripped / wrinkled one to keep as a souvenier. Right now I have the stack sitting in a drawer. Trail maps are the best souveier you can get when visiting a ski area IMO and the best part is that they're free.
    I agree...I just need more wallspace to put them up....
    Live, Ski, or Die!

i have a good stack going. at some point i would like to frame and hang them in the basement rec room.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    Everytime someone brings up trail maps, i cringe thinking about what i lost.
    Sorry to hear about your loss....
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss....
    says brian with his tongue planted firmly in his cheek.

If it's an area I haven't been to before, I save the map and draw lines on all the runs I skied. With a or some such at the spot, if I had a good crash.

Got a few of them tacked-up in my cube at work. Got a bunch at home. Got some in a binder with notations like Mapnut has.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Framing and hanging up trail maps is a great idea! I may steal it.
    What did you have for breakfast?...A great big bowl of Angry O's and a tall glass of Hater-ade?

Thread Information