• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

trail maps

SKIQUATTRO

So what do you do with em??? I always take a fresh, crisp, new trail map when leaving a resort (if its the first time there) then frame it and hang it in the basement. I must have 30 or so right now hanging with some more to be framed....everyone who comes down there loves it....they look around, find a mountain they skiied and the rest of the night is spent talking skiing (with a few beers of course!!!)

PA Ridge Racer

So what do you do with em??? I always take a fresh, crisp, new trail map when leaving a resort (if its the first time there) then frame it and hang it in the basement. I must have 30 or so right now hanging with some more to be framed....everyone who comes down there loves it....they look around, find a mountain they skiied and the rest of the night is spent talking skiing (with a few beers of course!!!)

I always grab a bunch of them so I have a non ripped / wrinkled one to keep as a souvenier. Right now I have the stack sitting in a drawer. Trail maps are the best souveier you can get when visiting a ski area IMO and the best part is that they're free. :spread:

2knees

I had two pretty good sized boxes absolutely filled with trail maps. Stuff from middle school and high school. I would guess i probably had 75% or so of all n.e. ski areas collected. Really cool stuff. didnt think about them for years until someone brought up a thread like this a couple of years ago. I went back to my parents house looking for them and found out my mother threw them all out. Man i wish i held onto them. It would be like a baseball card collection. Everytime someone brings up trail maps, i cringe thinking about what i lost.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I always grab a bunch of them so I have a non ripped / wrinkled one to keep as a souvenier. Right now I have the stack sitting in a drawer. Trail maps are the best souveier you can get when visiting a ski area IMO and the best part is that they're free. :spread:

I agree...I just need more wallspace to put them up....

Grassi21

i have a good stack going. at some point i would like to frame and hang them in the basement rec room.

Mapnut

If it's an area I haven't been to before, I save the map and draw lines on all the runs I skied. With a :snow: or some such at the spot, if I had a good crash.

Paul

Got a few of them tacked-up in my cube at work. Got a bunch at home. Got some in a binder with notations like Mapnut has.

Kerovick

Framing and hanging up trail maps is a great idea! I may steal it.

MRGisevil

I didn't start this sooner, I wish I had... this year my plan is to grab a trail map from every place we visit and pin it up in the gym in our basement.

Bumpsis

I'm trying to reverse one of my life's bad habits, being a pack rat. I used to have a collection of trails maps.
I kept only a few of my absolute favorite ones.

millerm277

I've got a ton of them (At least 75 areas), with a few framed and up on the walls.

SkiFirst

Thats a great idea. I also pick them up but dont really hold on to them to long.
Must make for some great stories while hanging out in the basement.

millerm277

Thats a great idea. I also pick them up but dont really hold on to them to long.
Must make for some great stories while hanging out in the basement.

It's also interesting to see how things change at the mountains over time. I've got maps of K from 1997 to now, Blue and Hunter from 2002-now.

Newpylong

would like to have some old K Maps... I used to have tons.. Sunrise, pre Skyeship, etc. So much has changed there....

gymnast46

Website
www.suburbansport.com
That's a nice idea. I do save my old trail maps but they're in a basket in our ski condo in VT. We display lift tickets from different mountains by tacking them to an exposed beam.

Here's a small portion of the collection.

mls5de.jpg