• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Racks for 2002 Subaru Legacy Wagon

bvibert

Staff member
I skied with you twice last year, maybe I made(Make, hasn't been made yet;) )the cut.:snow: Then I can brag about being as special as greg.

Sadly, I think the only footage I got of you is the stuff about 2:13 into this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGTnYV8WNO0

http://skiing.bvibert.com/vids/Hunter020907_sm.wmv (right-click and save target..)

Which I figure will make it in there in some capacity. If I'm feeling nice I'll leave out the part where you go down.. ;)

Hawkshot99

Hey, wasn't this a discussion about ski racks for Subarus?

I put my skis in the rack of a outback before. It wasnt these skis, and it was a long time ago but it did happen. I think it was a Thule brand.

Did I do a good job of bringing it back on topic?:lol:

bvibert

Staff member
I put my skis in the rack of a outback before. It wasnt these skis, and it was a long time ago but it did happen. I think it was a Thule brand.

Did I do a good job of bringing it back on topic?:lol:

Mission accomplished...

WJenness

On a sidenote my girlfriend's Audi A4 has the coolest feature. A small hatch that you can pop out of the backseat that leads to the trunk, specifically installed for skis. You can fit 4 people, 4 sets of skis, and all of your gear in a small sedan! I'm probably living under a rock never having seen that but I loved it.

I also have an A4 (jut got it in May), and I'm looking forward to carrying my skis to the hill in this manner this winter.

-w

Edd

That's puddy from Seinfeld. I can see the confusion though.

So it is. Damn. I have checked Craigslist but now I'll start looking on a deal for the Snowcat specifically. I'm also having this fantasy about someone modifying my back seat to work similar to the Audi so I wouldn't need a rack in the first place to carry 4 people + skis.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm also having this fantasy about someone modifying my back seat to work similar to the Audi so I wouldn't need a rack in the first place to carry 4 people + skis.

That could be easy, depending on how clean you want it to be. A box cutter for the cushion and cut-off wheel to cut through the seat support should do the job. Add in some duct tape for trim if you want that finished look. ;)

Seriously that sounds like it would be a pretty expensive task, much more than just buying a roof rack. Might be easier to retro-fit an Audi seat into the subbie, or better yet just drive your girlfriend's Audi, or even better yet still.. get one for yourself...