• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What should I add to quiver between these two?

Trekchick

I was going to say 350 ish, if you planned on selling them to a fellow forum member. You may get more if you Ebay'em.

The only thing against them is that they are used 10-12 times, and have a ptex repair. The thing you have going for you is that the K2 Recon is still one of the hottest skis in the regular consumer market.
Take me for instance................
I probably wouldn't be interested in it but then, I'm a gear ho and I am more intrigued with 2009 technology than 2007 technology. ;)
My friend demoed that ski last year and has been hunting for it, and a deal on a pair every since. He just can't get it out of his head.

Those of us who frequent these forums are not the average consumer.

If you don't use the Recons you should sell them on Ebay. Do you have an account set up to sell on Ebay? If you don't I'm sure there are many of us here on AZ willing to give you tips to sell them. To sell them on Craigslist you would need to set a lowball price but on Ebay you'll have plenty of people bidding on them. I've been looking for dirt cheap Recons on Ebay but they're hot enough people bid up the price.

A recon should be worth way more than $450, unfortunately people are very cheap and only looking for ridiculous good deals.:angry:

I think $450 is more than a fair price, but I have no idea what to tell you to make them sell...;-)
Did you all look at the ebay link in my post?
That auction for a used pair of Recons sold for over 600.00!!!!!!
It was approaching 500 when I linked it to this thread.
If you want to sell them.............ebay'em!

A recon should be worth way more than $450, unfortunately people are very cheap and only looking for ridiculous good deals.:angry:

I think $450 is more than a fair price, but I have no idea what to tell you to make them sell...;-)

But it's a last years model and it's used..based on the Teton Gravity formula..it should be about 60 percent off MSRP..