• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's Halloween..

I just went to the post office to mail something..there was a big basket of candy..it was free...because it turns out today is Halloween..Wow..that holiday sure snuck up on me.. Is anybody doing anything special for Halloween???

When I get out of work shortly I'm going to Sports Chalet and look at and possibly buy some ski gear..then some sort of exercise..SFRB..then I'm going to get dressed up..I think I'm going to dress up as a stoner. I'm going to walk around..saying..."What's up Dude"..."Got any nugs"..."Jerry Garcia is alive"....and..."Who ate all the Funyans"...lol...then I'm going to sing some Halloween songs..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Took the kids trick-or-treating for the 1st time. Our 2.5 year old was a witch (fitting ;)) and our 5 month old was a chicken. He was actually really good while his sister went door to door. Definitely better than when his sister was his age; she screamed the entire time she was in that costume. So now we have a ton of candy (most of which is inappropriate for DD, so we'll end up eating it :oops: ) but at least she had a good time. Her auntie took her through most of my parents' neighborhood.

drjeff

I told my next door neighbor's teenage kids to stop by my house after they were done trick or treating and that they could have all of my left-overs. They were mighty happy to do that! Between what my almost 4 year old and almost 2 year old got in the few houses they went to it more than enough for them and a "quality control" sample for my wife and I;)

Grassi21

Last year we had 5 groups come to our door. This year 0. Nice quiet night.

2knees

our neighborhood is insane. We went through 10 bags of candy. My buddy down the street went through 2 120 piece bags and shut his light off. 210-220 people adjusting for the bowl grabbers. My kids loved it though. took them all around and the 2 year old didnt want to stop. We have way too much candy for 2 kids now. Put them to bed and had some cocktails. nice night.

Greg

Staff member
I manned the door while my wife took the kids around. Probably only seven or eight groups of kids. Once they started bussing them in from the other neighborhoods, the lights went out.

Mapnut

I was home alone, and we get very few trick or treaters, so I turned off all the lights. Then I watched "The Blair Witch Project" for the first time (if you can believe that). Very well done, I thought, although not the most terrifying thing I ever saw. I slept OK, thanks.

I watched my favorite Stoner Flick....Waiting to Exhale..lol

Now I have a bunch of candy at work..I had to hide it..because I've had like 8 pieces already