• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Back to EST this weekend

Greg

Staff member
Don't forget to "fall back" this weekend. Another sign winter will soon be upon us. :snow:

dmc

Finally.... My friggin blackberry has been off all week...
It's really F-ing up stuff like meetings.... Makes Y2K look like a cakewalk...

Greg

Staff member
Winter Great...4pm dark... Bad.

I don't mind it getting dark early as much as it being dark when I need to wake up like it's been the past few weeks. At least this will give us a break until we approach the winter solstice.

hammer

I actually won't mind the earlier sunsets...solar glare traffic delays have been a bit of a pain lately.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Finally.... My friggin blackberry has been off all week...
It's really F-ing up stuff like meetings.... Makes Y2K look like a cakewalk...
No kidding, I was thinking about the Y2K comparison all week. Last Sunday we were really confused what was going on as many of our electronic devices auto adjusted while many didn't.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I don't mind it getting dark early as much as it being dark when I need to wake up like it's been the past few weeks. At least this will give us a break until we approach the winter solstice.
I am the opposite. I would rather see sunlight when I get out of work rather than first thing in the morning.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Whhheeeee!!!!!! That's one more hour I could work. Been working some crazy hours last few days. Until 4:30am yesterday, 3:am today and sitting on another marathon call now Yipppeeeee! :spin:

bvibert

Staff member
I am the opposite. I would rather see sunlight when I get out of work rather than first thing in the morning.

Same here, I'd be happy if they just left the time the way it is now and never switched it back...

Terry

I'd rather have the daylight in the morning this time of year. It is still dark now when the neighborhood kids are waiting for the school bus. To me that is dangerous because there are no street lights out here.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
The bar is open for an extra hour tonight!!!
Not true for most municipalities. I recall we always wanted to see this happen when I was involved with the Boston club scene by the city would not allow it. I am sure every town/city is different, but I suspect most limit the time of closing based on the time that the establishment opened.

Mildcat

I'd rather it be like northern alaska, dark 21 hours a day. So we're all miserable. That would be best.

Less daylight = colder temps = better skiing = less miserable. :beer:

I could deal with this fall back stuff everyday..by Noon I already did laundry, picked up my season pass..and started drinking a beer..Holla