• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

REI Recreational Equipment Inc

sledhaulingmedic

REI and EMS seem to run neck and neck, price wise. EMS has more sales. The dividend is a welocome plus (historically around 10% back on purchases. I really don't by much gear these days, but I do lean towards them. (In part because their store is closer and much bigger than any of the EMS stores nearby.)

MRGisevil

Blue Back is just a great new development and between the REI which just opened its doors there this week and the unreal Cabela's store that just opened across Hartford next to Rentschler Field in East Hartford, there's some really great/cool new outdoors shopping in the greater Hartford area!

I went and checked it out [blueback] this weekend, they really did a nice job! It's not even fully occupied yet and there were a slew of people out and about. I definately foresee some congestion/ parking issues popping up once it's fully open though :/.

Cabela's looks great too, it's really nice to see some outdoor life inhabit the Hartford area.